1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error with DVD43

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrafin, Oct 3, 2004.

1. mrafin

mrafin Member

First time post. This a great site that I’ve been using as a resource for the last month but I’ve run into an issue that I can’t seem to get resolved. I am using the trial version of Nero 6 with DVD43 running in my system tray and have backed up about 30 DVD’s to date with minor problems here and there that I have been able to handle with the help of this board, but I am getting an error that I can’t get around with the movie The Matrix. I get the following error when DVD43 tries to decrypt the dvd…

“Access violation at address 0046D7F9 in module ‘DVD43_Tray.exe’. Read of address 00004750”

Can anyone help me out or direct me to an appropriate past message thread? From my searches on this board I didn’t find this specific problem. I have seen some topics talk about DVD43 being somewhat limited. Is this what I’m running into in my case? Should I expect future problems decrypting certain movies with DVD43?

Thanks in advance!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Welcome to Afterdawn!
    Sometimes you can start playing the movie in your media player, pause it and then start the burn process. That will unlock things. Sometimes.

You could also try DVD Decrypter and/or DVD Shrink. Both free, both excellent programs that just about everybody uses. Both programs can be set to call Nero to complete the burn.

It's a good idea to have another program to try. Decrypter can get through a lot of DVDs other rippers can't process.
    Cheers,
    Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    dual Xeon 3.06, 2 WD 76Gb Raptors, raid 0, Maxtor 250, 2Gb RAM, 2 monitors, GSXR1000, 88 Mazda truck
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004