1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error write on Record Now DX with SONY DRU-500AX

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Zetti, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Zetti

Zetti Member

Hi all,

Please, I do need help, I've been having the same problem as reported by another user here on May 2003.

I have the SONY DRU-500AX DVD Writer, when burning DVD-R media with "Record Now DX", I have this error message :

Error 10
    Disc Write error
    Command 2A
    Sense 03
    ASC 0C
    ASCQ 08

On the error code list, it says it means "Recovery Failed". Does anyone know what it means ?
    When I burn to Rewritable media, it's OK.
    It happened not only with PRINCO DVD-R's, but with other brands as well.

My system is :

AMD ATLHON 2.4 XP
    512 RAM
    20 GB HB (Master on primary IDE)
    80 GB HD (Slave on Secondary IDE)
    SONY DRU-500AX Recorder (Master on Secondary IDE)
    LG CD RECORDER (Slave on Secondary IDE)

Any help will be very apreciated :)

Thanks to all,

Andre

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Follow the guide on this website and see if you have the same outcome. If you do, come back for more help.

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

Click On >> User Guides >> Record Now Max

3. Zetti

Zetti Member

Thank you for the reply, I'll check it tonight at home, but actually I do believe it has nothing to do with my problem, cause all I've been triyng to do is simple DVD-Copy in which the originals are also DVD-R's.
    I have asked for help at the Veritas site, but no return :-(
    Also, I found an EXACT similar problem like mine reported on DVDRHelp forum, I wrote the person, but had no reply.
    If any of you has any insight on that, please help :)
    Thanks,
    Andre

4. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Yo Andre. It could just be the media. Princo's are kinda cheap. The sony dru 500ax is picky with media.

See if you can download a copy of record now max 4.5

Frankly I never had a problem with disc to disc copies with the sony dru 500ax even with Nero as the burning app.

5. Zetti

Zetti Member

Hi all,

I've tried the settings pointed by another user here at the link specified, but that refers only to "data mode", I guess it has nothing to do with "DVD Copy" mode.

Actually, the problem has been happening in TEST mode, and not only with PRINCO DVD's.

Also, when I use Nero, on DVD-Copy feature, on SOME DVD-Rs, specially the ones that have been burned at stand-alone recorders, it says that "can only copy first track into DVD medium" and doesn't extract the entire disc, just some seconds, any help ?
    Thanks so much,
    Andre

6. gazzaboy

gazzaboy Guest

did u fix ur problem as i have the same problem in test mode with the same writer and from data mode and desperately seek solution

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Zetti, they are a bit slow at replying to you on veritas sight, they are trying to change that