1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors 21 & 13

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by haduke, Aug 3, 2007.

1. haduke

haduke Guest

My Xbox has been acting strange lately. I can get it to work most times, but sometimes I get error codes 21 and 13. I know these both relate to the dashboard, but I have no idea why it is happening. I have a softmod done by Splinter Cell and I have EVox as my dashboard. I can still get games to boot without a problem. Right now it is working fine, but when I go to DVD2Xbox or XBMC, then I try and go back to the dashboard, I get an error. Some of my games freeze, some of my movies freeze, and most times I can't even get XBMC to work at all. Aside from starting over from scratch and completely redoing my softmod, are there any other things I might could do to fix this? I hate to lose all my current games, data, etc. Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You have a corruption in your dash files! Insert an AID disc and re-install the dashes. You will keep all your settings, but get new files!

3. haduke

haduke Guest

Well, I went ahead and redid the entire thing using xboxhdm. I have a 160GB Hard Drive in my Xbox. (Forgot to mention that earlier, sorry.)

So here is what happened:

I did the reformatting and got it into my Xbox and everything seemed to be fine. So once I sent my TDATA and UDATA folders back to my Xbox and my Evox skins, I decided to send over my emulators. I have a network connection set up to my Xbox so I use Windows Explorer to FTP with. During the transfer, I got an error message. So I decided to just delete and start over. But when I restarted my Xbox, I got error 9. So I honestly believe at this point that I have a f**ked up hard drive. What do you guys think? Should I try this crap again, or should I just go ahead and get a new hard drive and start over? Or could it possibly be a problem with my Xbox? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Error 9...

Does the HDD work before you start transferring all your crap onto it?

Maybe your crap is corrupt!?

5. haduke

haduke Guest

Well, I honestly have no idea what to think. The Xbox worked fine, then gave me error 9. I waited a while, turned it back on and it worked fine again. Later I got an error 13. Waited a while, turned it back on and everything has been fine since. I honestly believe that I either have a bad hard drive, or my Xbox as a whole is on the verge of going bad. When I redid my hard drive, the only files on it were the ones needed to format the C and E drives using xboxhdm. I am certain that none of my files are currupt because this box has used the same files for over two years now. This whole problem just began a few weeks ago.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You said it pal!

You need CLEAN files!

My softmod tutorial has links to fresh MS Dash files. Use those and reinstall the entire dash! You do not need files in E:\ refer to my HDD upgrade tutorial on how to build the HDD correctly!
    ;)