1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors in MPEG file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by FrinkDude, Apr 21, 2003.

1. FrinkDude

FrinkDude Member

I have been trying to convert all my DivX files to VCD so I can watch them on my DVD player. However, there is a problem that happens every time. When I watch the converted MPEG-1 file (from CCE-SP/DVD2SVCD), every now and again (randomly), anything moving will go blocky for about 1/2 to 1 second. If I put the MPEG file on CD and try and watch it in my software DVD player (WinDVD), where in the MPEG file the scene went blocky, on the VCD the scene freezes momentarily.
    I've scanned the video stream of my files for errors using VirtualDub, and it says there are no errors/bad frames in the original avi files. I have tried encoding the MPEG from the avi many times, and everytime the errors occur in the same places.
    I cannot see what is casuing the errors, and it is driving me insane tring to work it out. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanx

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Possible solutions.
    Use different media
    Burn [bold] NO FASTER THAN [/bold] than 8x
    If you're using DVD2SVCD then create bin& cue files and burn bin& cue file format rather than mpeg (Nero) for MPEG2.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2003
  3. FrinkDude

FrinkDude Member

The errors occur in the MPEG-1 file [bold]before [/bold]the VCD is burnt. They just act differently, as described in my first post.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok you're using CCE SP for MPEG-1, well that is a problem itself, CCE SP is the best for MPEG-2 encoding but NOT MPEG-1, in fact its a terrible MPEG-1 encoder! I recommend using TMPGEnc Plus with DVD2SVCD to make create MPEG-1.