1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet browser not working please help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kalng, Apr 16, 2012.

1. kalng

kalng Member

Hi guys am having a problem with Ethernet browser not opening , tried A couple things like deleting cache ,emptying temp files making windows explorer the default browser I even downloaded the new windows explorer, am using vista please help will be looking forward to you're help.

2. swifty74

swifty74 Member

What do you mean by Its not working more info … how did u do the upgrade … did u do it with the same computer with the problem if so what software did u use to get the file

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is not windows explorer but internet explorer.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

ethernet browser eh?.. ping and nmap?

5. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Under internet options, make sure that for some dumb reason that the settings aren't trying to connect to a proxy server. Yes, I've had a few customer(previous employment) before that had this happen to. I think this would be under the internet connections tab in one of the menu's there.

Have you tried simply changing your cable?

If you are connected via router, try just connecting from Modem? If you can connect via modem, there is a setting in your router that could be off, or router is bad.
    If you can't connect via modem, a setting needs to be adjusted. Go to start, click on run (or type run in the search box) and type services.msc. Look for your wired internet connections and make sure it is set to started, and startup type automatic. Restart computer if necessary afterwards.