1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ethernet cable

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by baldy_06, Oct 18, 2005.

1. baldy_06

baldy_06 Guest

i heard something about connecting xbox to pc with ethernet cable ? if so, mine is done. YES my xbox is modded and it has the EvolutionX dashboard in it (evox). my computer has the Flash ftp server on it. Now im stuck. if anyone can give me step by step instructions on what to do next with the ip adresses i will appreciate it. Where do i find them in the xbox / computer. what do i change in the xbox / computer. and what do i change them to in both xbox and computer ? Thx

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

3. baldy_06

baldy_06 Guest

the site really helped. But my connection to the xbox keeps on failing ? Do i need to turn the xbox on at a certain time ? and my xbox is connected through the ethernet cable (yellow cable that comes with dsl). i donno what u meant crossover and stuff

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

there are 2 different kinds of ethernet cable, crossover and straight thru. if you are connecting to the xbox with a router then you'll want a straight thru cable (by far the easiest method), if you are going directly form your PC to the xbox you'll want a crossover cable. i know we have all the info around here somewhere, try searching a bit and i'm sure you'll find it. if that dont work try looking at xbox-scene.com in the guides section, there might be step by step instructions there.

5. baldy_06

baldy_06 Guest

im almost done. when i ftp computer 2 xbox using NIC cards x2 with a crossover / modem / usb my status says: getting listing...connecting to ftp server... socket connected. waiting for welcome message. Then, it says ERROR: the server forcibly closed the connection. i think it has something to do with my xbox settings.

If anyone has some good advice i would appreciate it.

I know my connection method is right because it gets to the "socket connected .waiting 4 welcome message" step, so it must be something else