1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet problem.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by vwsport80, Aug 1, 2006.

1. vwsport80

vwsport80 Regular member

Okay, I'm at work and we're (not computer support) trying to fix a DVX (records cameras like a DVR). We replaced the HDDs and reinstalled Windows 2000. We can't get the driver to load for the ethernet. It says it's missing file e100b325.sys, which I thought was actually for XP. So we downloaded the file, extracted it and tried to load it. When we try to load, it says Windows found a closer match (don't remember the file name), and tries to load it instead, with no sucess. Any ideas? Sorry if I didn't give enough info. Thanks in advance.

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

This is an NDIS driver. Go to Control Panel->System->Device Manager->Ethernet and click properties. Select Update Driver and select the downloaded driver. It should have a .INF file with it, probably e100b325.INF.

3. vwsport80

vwsport80 Regular member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, we tried that, and it wouldn't install the driver. But, we got it fixed, it was supposed to be running XP but it didn't load the first time we put the OS on, it loaded 2000 instead. However, the second time, it loaded XP Embedded. Ever heard of it? Aparently it's XP embedded into the HDD, and from what I understand, you can't formatt it off the drive. These are brand new HDDs, out of the box; sealed. Kind of strange, I didn't know they did that. I guess they only do it for large corporations. I hope I'm making some sence here.

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Is there any Ethernet device showing up in Control Panel->Network? Maybe your bindings aren't right.

Otherwise, did you try this driver?
    http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/s...yle=ibm&lndocid=MIGR-54046&velxr-layout=print

According to the instructions, you may need to load E100bnt5.sys instead. If nothing is showing up in your Networks panel, try uninstalling whatever Ethernet drivers are installed, do some reboots, and then try this driver download.

5. vwsport80

vwsport80 Regular member

@ Dunker
    Read above, we already fixed it. Thanks for the reply, though. To answer you questions; yes, it showed the ethernet device and yes, we tried installing E100bnt5.sys. We eventually were able to install XP and everything is good now. Thanks again.