1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

European Siemens in USA

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by madman91, Jul 25, 2005.

1. madman91

madman91 Member

Hello,
    Im on vacation in Poland. I noticed that the phones produced here bz Siemens are nicer than in america ( at least i think so ). I was wondering if it would be possible to buy a phone here and use it in the usa. Also how would you buy a phone without getting a service provider? I know that you can because i bought my ngage from a Gamestop but what about regular mobile phones? Sorry i can not include the model number but i havent even started looking. Also if you guys/gals could give me a few links to siemens unlocked phones.

Thanks a Bunch
    -madman91

2. madman91

madman91 Member

3. madman91

madman91 Member

once again i found my answer at wirelessadvisor.com

one last question,i promise its a good one

How do you find unlocked phones to buy? Besides eBay?

Thanks

4. inspirall

inspirall Member

You would either (1) unlock the phone yourself using software that you install on your computer (google it) that calculates the unlock code for you or 2) pay someone who knows what they're doing to unlock the phone using cables and advanced software.
    Unless you work for the manufacturer or know someone who does, eBay would be your best bet to buy a phone that's already unlocked.
    *MOST* mobile phones can easily be unlocked with the 1st above method but you do NOT want to try this unless you have a strong basic knowledge of GSM handsets; if any of the following words don't mean anything to you I'd strongly suggest either learning more by reading articles on the internet, or by using the latter method above: IMEI, Sim, GSM, quad-mode, quad-band, GPRS, North American Frequencies (what are they?), European Frequencies (what are they?), and WAP.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005