1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox 2007 Red

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Jlewis, Oct 8, 2007.

1. gracem

gracem Member

The box has been fixed ,jtagged and updated with latest firmware for redbox it had two problems incorrect TSOP file used and scart connection will not work until factory reset is done , this is only accessed via a uhf connection to the TV and tuning the tv channel to see the box.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Think I said that in previous posts Grace although he has not been back :(

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  3. Jlewis

Jlewis Member

Hi Scouser ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Got box working as you know. You were right I just didnt get it. Thanks for all your help.

JLEWIS

4. Parmenion

Parmenion Member

Was having the exact same problem as Jlewis with my brothers eurovox. Followed this thread and managed to successfully jtag and reset using the tv/vcr menu as described by Sc0user. Thanks a million everyone for your advice and instructions. Brother owes me a pint or two this xmas.

5. trigger67

trigger67 Member

Hey Scouser, I recently got you help regarding resetting the time on my red 2007 eurovox. Now I may be a bit of a thicco so forgive me but while your instructions worked I dont like the thoughts of fires at night so I unplug everything when its time for bed. When I put the power on again the next day I need to reset the time again. Not really a problem but is it possable to get the time to reset itself automatically like it used to. I set the gmt to off and all times are correct and all works ok and do the save and exit thing. When I plug the box in the next day the gmt is set to on again and everthing is an hour out. I know 6 other boxes and users with the same problem. If you have the solution Id be grateful if you could pass it on. Thanks

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry Trigger but there is no fix as such for this problem, (hence why I leave mine in standby), unless an EPG patch comes out for it. The problem only affects Ireland as the UK members do not have to do this. It is an annoying problem I know but as said only a patch will solve it.

7. BCiP

BCiP Member

Hi there,

Apologies, im sure this has been asked before but i can find the answer. Im looking to update the firmware on a Eurovox max 2007 (Red box). I thought i found the relevant files but each time i try i get an error "This firmware is not fit for your reciever".

Does anyone know which is the correct firmware and where i can get it.

Thanks.

8. BCiP

BCiP Member

Think i got it, thanks anyway.

9. abbott

abbott Guest

Can anyone advise on what to do with my Eurovox Max V - all it has on is two dots - like time dots - no standby lights or anything else - don't see anything on tv channel.

What do I need to get it working again please??

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will need to know if it came in a red/blue box

You will also nned these cables to update the firmware

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null modem info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

11. tubalcain

tubalcain Member

Celtic 71 thanks for your info I got the files from the share folder and loaded them up this morning.
    Did the powerscan after factory reset.
    Did the favourites again, slightky different sections
    I don't know if I will have to do it again though as just to finish it off I thought I would enter the provider heading
    So I pressed Menu and then Yellow button everything was zero , and machine working fine, but I then entered provider code 54 01 thinking this would put the provider details in on the channel view page. Stupidly pressed OK then no more channels viewable as I had basically said the manually entered codes should be a whole bunch of zeros :-( anyway enterd manual codes correctly everything ok again but I am wondering will the thing auto-roll or have I made it need to be manually done each time?
    I suppose I can just go through the procedure again ?
    BTW You may know I don't for sure what happens if you load files for a red box on a blue box etc.. I remembered mine came in a blue box but as someone else on the forum mentioned the thing is black and silver so Newbies are confused.
    Would it not make more sense to identify the boxes by their part NO. or serial or something similar as you may have been given the box with no packaging
    What happens if you have a cloned box? Does this mean it is not upgradable? what is the difference?

Thanks in advance Tubal