1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox 2007 Shut down Call Technician

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SuperJari, Aug 20, 2007.

1. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Can anybody help me. I have a red Eurovox 2007 (not a clone) with the May/June software on board. Last week it died showing a message of 'call technician' or something similar. Can anything be done with this box. The fella I got the box from is uncontactable so I'll probably need to do this myself. I've tried the grey reset button on the inside of the box but nothing happened.

2. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Can anybody advise???

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are you sure it is not a clone and have you tried to reflash it?

4. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Its deffo not a clone, I opened the top off and it has all the right things in the rights places.
    I havent tried to reflash it but will this evening but the only light on the display is two green dots as in the two dots that separate the hours and minutes on the clock(make sense???).

Will let you know how I get on, thanks scouser.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep makes sense. Before you reflash try this. Press and hold the front on/off switch and turn off from the back power switch. Leave it for a minute and holding the front on/off switch power it back up again.

You may have to do this a few times or you may be lucky and it will work first time for you. This is a trick I have tried a few times and it has worked for me.

6. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Tried this but to no avail. When trying to reload software on the box it cannot get a response from the faulty box. I tried repressing the on/off buttons on numerous occassions but nothing. Am I left with a useless box now or is there somewhere in Ireland/Dublin I can send it for repairs???
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You say you have opened the box before. And you are definitely sure it is not a clone? Open the box again there is a ribbon cable inside, sometimes this becomes loose from the IDE slot, just check it and push it firmly home. Failing all that all you are left with is to jtag the box.

8. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Scouser,

Its definitely not a clone, I've printed off comparison documents that show the differences between a clone and a real one. What in simple terms is Jtagging and is it simple to do for someone who has no electrical background??

Thanks Again.

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have a look at this link courtesy of Steo http://www.4shared.com/dir/3339467/5efeed13/sharing.html

You will see a Jtag document in the Eurovox section. It is basically to erase and re-write to the bootloader of the box. Like anything it is simple if you know how, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it I would advise you to have it done by someone who has done it before, that way you will be guaranteed it will work.

10. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Scouser, do you or anyone based in Dublin know of where I can get this box fixed??

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Send a pm to fergusrb I know he is doing the Starviews at the moment and the Eurovox jtag is quite similar, as in same jtag kit with a different tsop file and pin assigment thats all. Just ask him amd tell him I sent you, he is quite a master at the Starview jtag, so I dont think a EV will cause him a problem, worth asking.