1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox and broadband from N-T-L

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by ste105, Sep 4, 2007.

1. ste105

ste105 Member

i got broadband and phone with an extra point upstars installed on saturday and when i pluged in my Eurovox box (Atfer the ntl man was gone) most of my stations wont work. can anybody here help me.

i tried a booster from argos but it made it worse

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Is your Eurovox plugged in through a splitter with the modem on the other side of it.

3. ste105

ste105 Member

the eurovox is pluged in the sitting room directly from the cablelink box. the brodband is connect upstairs in the new point added by ntl . thanks for thr reply

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Do you have a subbed STB, (N** decoder), from N** as well ?

5. ste105

ste105 Member

i have a cable modem coming from a white box on the wall upstairs. is that what you mean. when i going out side and disconnecting the tv splitter (and the point upstairs) everything is fine again, but no broadband or phone

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sound like N** have disconnected your point downstairs and routed the feed upstairs directly from the outside tap. Do you have a TV package with them also?

7. ste105

ste105 Member

i think it might be the splitter outside the house. its 5-2400 with one power pass... what every that is, ands whats 6db. i was looking at other splitters on ebay do you know if its the higher the db the better or the lower the db the better? and do i need a power pass?

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Buy a booster with 20Db capacity one with an attenuator as you can tune it yourself. As too much power on a noisy signal can cause you as much problems as not enough power. By the way this is for an internal split I presume and not externally at the tap end of your house.