1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Ex 1100 USB -- Please Help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by robbie198, Dec 8, 2009.

1. robbie198

robbie198 Member

I bought a brand new eurovox ex1100 from the internet and when arrived unplugged my virg** box and then plugged the eurovox in but it said no signal so i then went on install quick scan then deep scan and then power scan but all are saying no channels.

I live in the TEESSIDE area if that matters but can some can please give me simple step by step instructions i would be one happy man.

Thanks

2. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

3. cazzie88

cazzie88 Member

Hi Dougal58,

Myself and my partner have downloaded the file in the link you gave us. It doesn't seem to be working for us though? Do you know other ways on how to get it working? we would be hugely appreciative to your help.

We live in south manchester, and our eurovox is version: EX1100 USB. We are having a GREAT! deal of trouble just trying to set it up. Our main problem is when the channels come up it always say's 'SCRAMBLED'.

Please get back to us whenever you can.

Thanks for the help. Aaron & Jenny.

4. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi mate,
    have you downloaded the file and flashed your box with it?
    After that all you have to do is go menu/install/powerscan press ok and let it do it's thing,After it has finished press exit,
    And the box will autoupdate for a minute and then come on.
    If you can't get it,Let me know your full process you are going through,just ask mate.PS you need to change the top symbol rate to your area need to ask someone will tell you then scan again.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  5. cazzie88

cazzie88 Member

Hi Thank you for your reply. We are still trying it right at this moment. How do we know what symbolrate is for our area? is there any way we can find out?

thank you for your response.

Aaron & Jenny.

6. cazzie88

cazzie88 Member

Hi Dougal58,
    We have downloaded the file you referred in your link in your first post. When we go to the 'Upgrade by USB' we don't know which mode to uprade from these are the ones we have a choice from:'S/W', 'CHANNELDATA', 'KEYDATA', 'DUMP CHANNELDATA', And the final one which is 'DUMP KEYDATA'.

When we choose the S/W mode it comes up with not matched file do you still; want to upgrade?.. but when we search for the channels they never show up.

We didn't know that we had to set the symbol rate to our location though. We don't have a clue on how to either. We've been at it all day trying to figure it out.

Thanks again for the help. Aaron & Jenny. ;)

7. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi cazzie
    If you private message me with your e-mail i will send you the correct file,I followed the link i sent you and all that is there now is a txt file which is only half the file,Let me know what area you are and if it
    is virgin or ntl,And we will get you going.

8. bawbag88

bawbag88 Member

I have the same problem as the Original poster. I'm in the Glasgow area - can someone walk me through getting the EX1100 up and running? Was gonna send a PM to avoid cluttering up the board, but don't seem to have that option....

9. dawn903

dawn903 Member

Hi guys
    I've downloaded the file to flash my Eurovox EX1100 USB but when I try to save it to my flash drive it's telling me the file is too large (the flash drive is 4gb). Not really sure where I'm going wrong as all new to this. Any help gratefully received. Oh, I live in Solihull, West Mids - do I need something particular to the area I live in?
    Dawn

10. topgear88

topgear88 Guest

The file is of very small size.

It can/should go onto your usb stick.

Maybe format the memory and then try again.

Once thats sorted, go to menu and the usb option and it will display whats on the usb for you to choose.

thanks

11. dandan10

dandan10 Member

hi there im hopeing sum one can help me i am having trouble getting the channels on my box
    i think it needs flashing bu not sure how its done
    can someone help me eurovox ex 1100 usb

12. dandan10

dandan10 Member

i live in bournemouth christchurch is there anything i need for this area