1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox EX5000 PVR Setup Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bertiered, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topdj

Topdj Member

seem to be having same probs as Sarumane, but in the Birmingham area.
    Has anyone got the scan freq for that area please.
    The ex5000 works fine in a different area but not here.

Does a factory reset affect the firmware or just the channels order and fav?

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Factory reset only affects your channel list. If you moved from one area to another you may have to change symbol rate to match your provider area.

3. Topdj

Topdj Member

Thanks Sc0user.
    Any ideas of the freq for Birmingham?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sure it is 6952.

5. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Hi
    I have got the com port usb to rs232 cable and connected it to the null modem cable that is 9 pin female connector on both sides which is connected to the eurovox pvr box. Now when I run the ufl 1.1a update it asks me click on the donwload button which clicked then it gives an error com port not found. I have got a cd with this usb to rs232 cable using which I have also installed the drivers and the com port 11 is showing in the device manager. The os I am using on my computer is win vista 32 bit. Can any one please help me fix this problem.

6. sarumane

sarumane Member

Hi All

My set up was 1 wire to bedroom (failed to set up properly) and splitter to BB and VM PVR. Tried installing from there without splitter' started listing transponders but still have crap picture that blips out and multiple channels. Advice if possible please.

PS Sc0user did factory reset and went for cod you suggested.

Regards

saru

7. Topdj

Topdj Member

Thanks for that Freq, Sc0user.

8. Topdj

Topdj Member

Jhammer02
    you need to be on com port 1 and remember which usb port u assigned when i do this and then when u use the ufl loader click on the top d/load button the one in the centre not the one at the bottom.

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Scan from where the cable enters your house.

10. sarumane

sarumane Member

Ok just want to check before I move all the furniture...

I live in a multi storey flat. I have white box in living room that splits to two exit points. Plan is to unscrew white box and decouple cable from obvious spilt. Scan channels and then live happily ever after, even once rebuilt splitter structure?

White box is in the most awkward place and I will have to move everything!

Some channels work ok as is...

Regards and thanks for advice

saru

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Without moving everything have you done as I said originally? Put the EV PVR on the VM PVR feed? I did read all your posts but I am a bit confused in relation to did you do that or not.

12. sarumane

sarumane Member

Lol, did not mean to confuse!

Will try and be as descriptive as possible.

Have NThelll in the house. The white box has 2 exit points. one is a cable to the bedroom. which had NTHell box at the end. the other exit point got split and ended up with modem and VMPVR at the other end. no issues.

Euro... plug into bedroom feed, read first post.

Euro...plugged into second feed after removing splitter so no internet and no VM PVR. In addition the bedroom cable was empty too as thats where I want to put Euro...

However picture is jumpy and pish on most channels. Bravo is ok and so is GEM TV of all the bad luck

Regards

saru

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Way too many splits. Try a scan from the direct feed where it enters the house, this will pull in all the transponders and the you can update your channels.

But......and there always is :) When you move it back to the bedroom it will probably break up again. Pressing the info button twice will give you a signal quality/level reading. Post that if your channels break up.

You may need to use a booster but depends on your signal reading, I will be able to tell. But I also recommend using a good quality splitter, RF connections, and most important good quality cable, e.g. CT100. Any empty end of line I also use a 75Ohm terminator.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  14. sarumane

sarumane Member

Whilst a noobi, I follow instructions to the letter.

Last night, following instructions, on the split line out of the white box I got transponders showing (Disconnecting the VMPVR and BB). Ended up listing about 12 transponders. Prior to this, in the bedroom when I scan channels it shows channels but no transponders. I must add, acknowledging the transponders has not helped picture quality.

I will unscrew the NTHell entry to the home box tomorrow!!!

Thanks

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

In the UK you should be getting 30 to 40 TPs dependent on area and provider. So you are missing quite a few.

I can give you a CDF for your area with all channels if you like. It will have all TPs but again if your signal is bad it will still not work but may help.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  16. kwekuom

kwekuom Member

i've been trying update the firmware on my eurovox ex5000 pvr. i get a message saying sending 0% on my laptop and dwnld message flashing on the box for hours but nothing happens. can anyone help me pls.

17. foxy27

foxy27 Member

Hey All

Im new to all this been paying ridiculous prices for sky for too long so bought the above box (with HD) as a few of my pals have it and said all you do is scan for channels and then you had them all.
    Anyway i got the box home did what it told me to do and scanned on original symbol rate 6.952 - got nothing then changed the symbol rate to 6.887 and every channel came up only problem being is they all say scrambled except terrestrial channels (bbc1, bbc2, itv1, c4 & 5) tried scanning it again and on all symbol rates and still the same is happening.

Hope someone can help?

cheers in advance.

18. Topdj

Topdj Member

Have you d loaded and installed the new firmware?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  19. foxy27

foxy27 Member

hey topdj iv downloaded the firmware 1.1 and 1.1a from here but im at work at mo so ill have to wait til i get home to install it.

Is it easy enough to install i was supplied with a rs232 null modem cable and a usb adapter(i think) and 2 discs.

20. sarumane

sarumane Member

Hi

Sorry for delayed reply - been working late and had to let this drop for a bit.

Signal quality and level never drops below 75% on any channel. CDF sounds like a good help.

Regards

saru

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.