1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox EX5000 PVR Setup Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bertiered, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I would give up on it JoJo, I havn't come across anyone on here as of yet who has got a USB adaptor working with Vista, best to try get it working on a computer with XP or even better a PC with a 9 pin serial socket so you cancel out the USB adaptor.

I have Vista Ultimate and mine works perfect every time BUT I have installed a PCI serial card only cost me 4 quid.

2. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

am i best buying a new cable from a well known shop beginning with M

3. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

Many thanks.

If i take it to work tomorrow and do it on the desk top do you think it would work. My desktop the internet card is faulty can i save the file to disc and the run it on my desk top without internet connection that is windows xp

4. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Yes thats fine, just save it to a USB stick or a CD and run it from work,you dont need the internet.
    If you can try it on a pc with a serial socket eg, best of luck!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  5. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

Thanks will give it a try now

John

6. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Let us know how you get on :)

7. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

Mine worked for about a day - could use timeshift, timer recordings and everything then for some reason i started getting the 4 second recording problem. Timeshift also wouldnt work then - it pauses but then just goes back to the live channel after a few seconds. Tried factory reset, taking out and putting the hard drive back in, delete all recordings, reflashed, nothing seemed to work for me. Havent had chance to look into that further since all my channels went off. Try searching other threads toomyling - have seen this in a few places and think its a relatively common thing.

Phil

8. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

No I havent asked them to come out yet - work 9-5 weekdays so dont know when i'd be able to do that. Saru said he had them out and they just said there was nothing wrong with it so think they'd probably say same to me as theres no problem with the signal on VM box. Have kind of run out of ideas now though so suppose that will have to be my next step!

Thanks for your help anyway scouser

Phil

9. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

Hi Teck.

Worked first time using my desktop. the problem now is the screen on my tv is green. Using the other box the picture quality is perfect. The digital built into my tv is perfect also. The signal is 89% but picture is horrendous. I got it mainly for sky sports but you cant make the players out all the kits are funny colours. You can see the picture fine its just the colour.

Any suggestions to what i could do to solve this, it would stop me using it if i had to put up with that. Also i was messing about and went to the PVR function and it wont work, its saying full or no hard drive installed

Many thanks for your help

John

10. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

Hi Jojo,

If you have got a good picture but funny colour issue it may just be the scart lead - double check both ends are pushed all the way in and if still got the problem try a different lead.

With the PVR issue, you first need to record something before the box detects there is a harddrive installed. Press the record button and it should start recording the channel you are on. Then go into the PVR menu and the recording should be in there.

Phil

11. tippy1

tippy1 Regular member

hi ive just got one of these and am now reduced to a snivelling wreak. ive flashed it twice with the Emos 1.1a firmware. i can pick up hundreds of channels but spy sports etc is scrambled and it says low or bad signal. ive re done with no splitter etc, and have got ye olde worlde blue box with 300 channeld working ok on it!!!! help please before i turn to the demon drink..........oooopps too late
    sue
    btw im in nthell ex cw

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried transferring the CDF from the Blue box onto it? BTW I would also check emulation is enabled as I have seen it disabled after FTA firmware was on it.

Press menu, press OK, type 1968 on remote and check it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  13. tippy1

tippy1 Regular member

hi scouser when i press menu i get preferences/channels/install/config etc which one do i do tjhis on? also the signal is always in the high 80's
    sue

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Signal is on the high side but should still be fine, once signal and quality are level. You just press menu and then OK.

15. tippy1

tippy1 Regular member

hi done it, picture is still broken up and sometimes it says bad or no signal, do i need a anuator or what ever its called
    sue
    its driving me potty, ive already got one on but signal is still high

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What size attenuator are you using? Are all channels breaking up?

Press menu, installation, user installation. You will see a list of frequencies here, can you tell me the average readings for both signal and quality in general. And are they stable?

17. tippy1

tippy1 Regular member

hi scoucer. quality is fluctuating from 85 to 22 im using 2 anuators piggybacked a 10 and 6db
    sue

18. tippy1

tippy1 Regular member

ive scanned with 6 on then again with 10 and then again with both, to be honest it is a bit better with both but all channels are dong it intermittently
    sue

19. Topdj

Topdj Member

Have you tried not using the attenuator at all?

20. tippy1

tippy1 Regular member

yes it was worse the pic ws all sqarey and kept freezing
    sue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.