1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox EX7000 HD+

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by freshstar, Feb 2, 2009.

1. macky66

macky66 Member

have you put new firmware on it you can get it in emmos libary just make sure its the only thing on usb pen and it will auto ugrade when u switch it on

2. vintymac

vintymac Member

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have installed the up to date firmware, and have downloaded all the channels, but still no joy with sports etc.
    Maybe this is a silly question, this is for a friend, but he doesn't have a HD signal, is this my problem??

Thanks again.

3. JMC1703

JMC1703 Member

A friend of mine downloaded the new firmware onto a USB stick and was uploading it to the Eurovox but he hadn't renamed the f/w file. So he cancelled the upload, took out the stick and renamed it on his computer.

When he went to re-upload the f/w, his box just turns on to a blank screen. Any way to reset the box or is it ruined?

4. macky66

macky66 Member

do a manual scan add all freq on side the scan u should get sly sprts
    and a few hd channles

5. macky66

macky66 Member

if you have tv with hdmi it should be fine,try a diffrent transponder i us 64 just do scan using user instalation in settings add all freqancies one by one and scan.

6. vintymac

vintymac Member

Cheers mate, wiil try as you say. Box not for me, therefore a pain where the sun don't shine, lol!!

7. vintymac

vintymac Member

Tried what you said, have got all the progs, but sports, movies etc are all still scrambled. I am using 6887, 64QAM, all channel details are there. Pulling my hair out, what's left of it, lol!!

Any ideas on how to unscramble these channels would be most gratefully appreciated, thanks.

8. macky66

macky66 Member

THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF ITS NOT NOT FLASHED PROPLY WHAT IS THE DATE OF YOUR UPDATE IF U DO NOT KNOW FLASH IT AGAIN THIS TIME GO TO USB IN SETTINGS AND DOWNLOAD FROM USB PEN DRIVE.

9. vintymac

vintymac Member

Cheers for the advice, but unfortunately still no difference. But, with your advice I think I have now identified my problem. I don't think the f/ware has been d/loaded on to the box. How do I do this? Maybe light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Thansk for all your help so far.

10. macky66

macky66 Member

u need usb pen drive put firmware on it from emmos libary u will find it in these forums, plug pen drive in back switch of and on and it should update itself

11. vintymac

vintymac Member

At last, got it sorted.

My problem was that I had the f/ware on the usb pen still in its .rar state, duh!! Anyhow, got it loaded and bingo.

So, thanks for all your help and advice, much appreciated.

12. dpoll

dpoll Member

so guys lookin for one of these

at the minute what is full list of hd channels i could get via virgin media? and does anyone know how many will be coming?

ta

whats average price of these? any clones to be aware of>?

13. pinoy03

pinoy03 Member

Hi,

Sorry for this but can anyone tell me on where i can find a solution to my eurovox EX7000 HD which is always rebooting. I have the latest firmware but the unit is always shutting down when it's scanning after 2 to 5 minutes and then turning on again. I bought this to MY Cable Box 2 days ago. Is there any fix to my unit so my grandson can watch Mickeymouse already.

Thanks in advance

14. pinoy03

pinoy03 Member

Hi to all,

If anyone can give me on how to put the FTA firmware back to my Eurovox ex7000, it will be appreciated so i can return the unit since i don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance

15. darmok53

darmok53 Member

Hi All, I new to this forum and would like to say hello and thanks to all for the information about the ex7000 HD+. I have just upgraded to this unit from the Eurovox V. Thanks to the various posts here I was able to locate the new firmware and update my unit without problem. I have it connected via the HDMi and find the picture is a lot better. I like the ex7000 but it is poor in its EPG so am hopeful that somebody can correct this in a later update. I obviously now have cable but previously I used a 1.2 metre sat dish and ProgDVB to watch my chosen programs. I hope I can be a useful member of this forum and offer help.

16. arnold_b

arnold_b Member

Hi - apologies if this has been covered already but thinking of upgrading from my digivox xl usb to the eurovox ex7000HD+ - just want to confirm this will work fine in Dublin? Has anyone any experience of this?
    Thanks.

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

there is no HD content in Dublin that you will get using this box, they are on n3 along with the premium chans, you will get the same chans as what ya have now on the XL USB, so really a waste of money as you wont get the HD chans or premium chans.

18. arnold_b

arnold_b Member

Ok - i wont get the HD but can you confirm the box will work and i will get the + functionality? Also can i then use HDMI to TV rather than having scart?

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

the only functions you will get will be the same your existing box, you wont get Premium chans, you wont get HD, the ony thing you will get is the use of a HDMI and thats about it.

Its up to you, but I wouldnt be parting with cash on a box like this when the main selling point, HD and viewing sports, movies, adult, disneys etc is not there and also the balance of the chans can go to Nagra 3 at anytime, realistically your buying a box to use HDMI rathur than scart, is it worth it? its up to yourself,

20. mo5afda

mo5afda Member

i have just purchased a eurovox ev 7000 hd+ and tried to connect a seagate external 500gb hard drive via the usb port which is confirmed when connected but when tryin to access the pvr it says no usb drive attached can anyone plz help.