1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox flashing step by step.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by HiTeck, Jun 16, 2008.

1. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

But at what price? :)

2. e45

e45 Regular member

LOL we have to go somewhere at some stage as what else are ya going to do stick your head's in the sand and pretend this is not happening it has happened and there is no fix in sight and all the talking is not going to make things right at the present time now in Ireland there is approx 5 channles left all the BBC are also gone now as well so shortly everything will be gone fully of the boxes apart from what you get when the EMU is switched off.

Turn off the emu and see what you are going to be left with ?

3. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

LOL :) That sounds like the start of the Renton rant from trainspotting "It's sh*te being Scottish...."

You're right though - I went back to the basic package + digital box from NPeeL (works ok minus the sports, movies etc) but just wait till you have a problem with them - that's when the real fun starts. They are so incompetent at resolving issues & have 2 or 3 contracting firms doing different tasks for them that nobody knows whats going on...ever. Worser than worse :) !!!

S*K looks to pricey & the FTA stuff just doesn't have the right channels. So the only other options are the IKS or CS.

I'll stick it out with that bunch of useless lemmings in N*L until the next best thing comes along. Come on codecrackers!!!

4. e45

e45 Regular member

you should have went for the digi max package you would have got espn for nothing and sky sports free yes free for 2 months

wow what a favour they are doing their customers something for free !!!

5. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Yeah I guess it might be worth giving them a shout :)

6. whacko99

whacko99 Member

Can someone please explain what the "New Encryption area" is, this is a new one on me???

Is this some new tactic by the powers that be to deprive the people of their freebie tv??

7. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Some old areas might be still running on Cho*us kit and therefore some areas might not be fully Nagra3 yet. Others are N*L areas fully on Nagra3.
    And yes, depriving you of free TV is exactly what they're trying to do.

8. daveyb

daveyb Member

i heard from a mate that works in IT for one of the major banks in ireland that the encryption being used by n*l is the same/simaler that the banks use on atm machines.
    i reckon it would take a miracle for new firmware for the eurovox to be released.(then again never say never)

9. e45

e45 Regular member

if it is ever and i say ever cracked people will have to get new boxes as the other boxes would not be supported

So it will be new boxes all round if its cracked

10. gary2005

gary2005 Regular member

ATMs dont use nagra 3 lol

11. nas5359

nas5359 Member

Hi,
    Anyone know Skysport Xtra and Arsenal channel frequency for Sheffield and used EuroVox MaxV 2008 and V++ M### line.

Thank you.

12. asad786

asad786 Member

IMO, it would be more convenient for you if you tried doing a factory default reset and then a power scan, with all the frequency changes lately you will find that channels will continue to go blank every now and then.

13. keeffff

keeffff Member

Hi guys and good afternoon,I wonder if any kind person might help me.
    I am not exactly a newbie flashing boxes as i have successfully flashed my starview and replaylite.
    However my neighbour bought himself an eurovox ex1000sl and apparently someone has unsuccessfully tried to flash it for him.
    So here i am sat with the eurovox in front of me connected to my laptop(vista) via the null modem and the firmware box displayed motionless on my screen?
    I have tried switching off and on and any combination i can think of,i have even tried the scan as it might already be flashed and still end up with scrambled channels.i have checked the symbol rate.
    I would try flashing via usb but the eurovox does not have a usb port.
    Any help or suggestions greatfully received.

14. malci

malci Guest

Presume you have been onto front page of this thread? - It is a straight forward procedure, as easy as the one's you are familiar with, but people do sometimes have conflicts as a result of OS Vista and that would appear to be your (communication) problem. Are you using an Adaptor? and are you sure that it is assigned to the correct COMM port.

Edit :- To check your query (as to if it has been flashed) Menu and across to Config, down to System Information OK and post what it says, you can also check that Emulation is Enabled by pressing Menu, and OK on the Language and enter 1968 to reveal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  15. keeffff

keeffff Member

ok have tried what you suggested and i got:-
    DVB-XC Box5 TDA
    1.0 ST4 Aug 21 2008
    2.0ts
    V001
    Kuro

not sure what you mean by using an adapter?
    yes i have checked the port setting is correct.

i could not access the emu menu through language,1968 does nothing for me?

thanks in anticipation

16. malci

malci Guest

Then it has only FTA firmware on the box, when I said Adaptor I meant is the Null Modem lead connected from the box straight to your PC ? or have you an adaptor in between, as there is no 9 pin serial port on the modern laptops, but it still is a case of the PC/Laptop not recognising the box it would seem anthow. Have you used it (PC/Laptop) and current Null Modem lead to flash before - This is the Firmware you want for the box >>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.4shared.com/file/93932114/aa4fff3f/UFL_EX1000SL_24-02-09_DarX.html

17. keeffff

keeffff Member

sorry,yes i have been using an adapter for the null modem cable,and yes i have used the same cable and laptop for my previous flashes

18. e45

e45 Regular member

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET YOUR BOX WORKING IS BELOW THIS IS NOT A FIX FOR THE N3 PROB

19. keeffff

keeffff Member

ok guys thanks for your replies.
    a new day a new dollar,so i have had a new start today,checked the null modem cable and installed on com port 1.downloaded the ufl file again and when i get the download firmware box on the screen the com ports are alternating between 1 and 3 so i choose 1 and hit download...............there is an error message on the next screen which says receiver not recognised?
    i would be grateful for any pointers and in the meantime will keep trying

20. malci

malci Guest

As said this is your problem, if you cannot get it assigned correctly (USB Adapter) then can I suggest that you get to/or the loan of an old laptop with the correct 9 pin Serial port, most Standalone PCs do have them, (running OS XP) it will save you a lot of time and headache.

Thanks to celtic71 for this post.

Problems with your PC/Laptop not recognising your eurovox.

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
    2. Right click on "My Computer"
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    5. Click on "Device Manager"
    6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
    8. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
    9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

If you need drivers go here

http://www.gilsson.com/usb_drivers_download.htm

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your USB Adapter (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
    Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.