1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox flashing step by step.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by HiTeck, Jun 16, 2008.

1. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Sc0user, He removed a link to another website who charge to fix starview recievers.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. demojohn

demojohn Member

-----------------------------------------------
    No just brocken url of ware I got it,Dont understand BTW if its something you cant say then thanks for trying. D.J.

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Aha should have copped that as I did reply to it and say that it was strange alright ;)

4. SG8

SG8 Active member

No, I think this one can stand on its own

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No need SG as I have already requested this but its an open sticky. And regards guides both as they are of equal quality and detail, hence why they are both in the ultimate sticky.

But as I can see its your prerogative of course.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  6. SG8

SG8 Active member

Suppose it will do no harm to have it still there, but I think HiTecks should be sufficient (even I can follow it!!)

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL :) But your are right they both are perfect guides so are worthy of been stickies.

8. asad786

asad786 Member

lol don't remove this guide.

If you think about it, a user searching on afterdawn about updating firmwares may come across one guide and may not come across the other, and if this is the case users will start making there own threads asking how to update there eurovox's e.t.c, whereas all the resource for a complete upgrade are here in this forum:)

9. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

SG8,
    I hope I have not annoyed you in anyway by starting this thread if I have mate I apologise, the reason for doing so was to add all the other Eurov0x receivers Firmw@re information besides just the Max V into one place,
    I noticed a vast amount of users starting their own threads asking for info on how to put the firmw@re on blue and red boxes so I looked around and didn’t see any threads giving a clear step by step guide, it would have been stupid of me not to include the Max V in this guide.

Please keep your Max V guide going!, as Sc0user said it is perfect and will still continue to benefit other members.

All the best mate!

Also thanks to all for your coments!.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  10. SG8

SG8 Active member

No, I am not at all annoyed, I think this thread is much easier to follow (especially with the pics) and that there is no real need for my one now. If I was telling someone where to go to find out how to update their box, I would point them to this thread as it is easier to follow. Hope I did not come across as annoyed as I genuinely think there is no need for my thread to be in the ultimate stickies thread.

11. May0

May0 Member

Hi All, having some problems with EV Red 2007 (F/W ver 21/04/08). If box if turned on from cold all is working okay, but after 10 mins or so the signal strength drops down to 8%. Majority of channels showing 'no signal' or updating codes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. May0

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried it at another location nearby, i.e. friends or familys house?

13. May0

May0 Member

No. Will do tomorrow eve and let you know how I get on. Thx

14. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Ok SG8, You didnt come across that way, I just wanted to make sure, Cheers. [​IMG]

15. spidey786

spidey786 Member

hi guyz, got sum problems with my eurovox max 06 blue box. I was using it absolutely fine in blackburn then preston and when the time came i managed to update it using the helpful info on this site. But since i've gotten back to Coventry and just had cable installed the signal just doesnt seem to be there. i've done about 4 power scans which take ages to no avail. during the power scan the bar turns green and seems to indicate there is a signal and also my legit box works ok but if i try doing an auto scan it doesnt wanna know. i've tried updating the box again a couple of times with the most recent fix from 21/04/08 but not having any joy. i took the box across the road to my uncle's house, he's got the same box and his is running fine, but when i plugged in mine i got the same response im getting at my house, nuttin. any help would be much appreciated as my wife's driving me mad at the moment.

16. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

spidey786
    Preston & Blackburn both use the symbol rate 6952, Your new symbol rate for Coventry is 6887, It differs for the area you are in. Enter this before autoscanning and see what happends.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  17. spidey786

spidey786 Member

Hiteck - simply put U DA MAN! back up and running thanks for the help, its much appreciated!

18. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Glad your sorted out, all the best.

19. 1kristian

1kristian Member

how do i know what symbol rate 2 be at i have a eurovox red box ive just updated it but dont know what symbol rate i need 2 get the channels bk any help would be great :)

20. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

we need to know your provider