1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EUROVOX MAX 2006 (sc0user)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by alangy, Oct 18, 2007.

1. abbott

abbott Guest

Hi have opened up and had a look, only think I can see that looks odd is on the board the power supplu is on there is a really big blue capacitor and it looks like some yellow stuff is coming out the bottom and onto the board -not sure if that's normal or not? - if it is I can't see anything looking brown and in burning or fat?

Cheers

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds like a blown cap, you need to replace this, if you dont feel comfortable doing this bring it to your local TV repair shop and they will do it for you.

3. abbott

abbott Guest

I've just looked on an other forum and there is a picture of a board and like mine it has the yellow stuff on it so maybe it's ok - am I able to attempt a flash with it in this state or does it have to be in a different state?

here's a pic of the other board.

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=931

4. spitfits

spitfits Member

Cheers for all the info sc0user, ma mates got one of these eurovox max boxes. Think it's a 2006 blue one going by the grills(12) in top right. His is stuck in stand-by tried to update with the original software and updated version, also tried an app called voxer, none were able to connect to the box. So now I'm gonna try the jtag method he's said a can open it up and have a crack it. Will let you know how I get on people. thanks again sc0user.

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

6. spitfits

spitfits Member

Thanks I'll try the Dnupman FEb 07 .exe I've got the bin file already. Will let you know How I get on.

7. spitfits

spitfits Member

I've tried the latest Firmware 07 with no luck. I've opened up the box and no capacitors are bulging or leeking. Also tried the master reset switch, nothing. I was trying to follow the jtag guide from here
    This may be a daft question but, is the 25 way male plug, an old or new printer lead?. I just strip back the outer flex and will have 6 inner wires. Which are colour coded, so I know that they will complete the circuit correctly. eg; green=(TMS) solder to pin 4 is this the header or on the 25 way plug?. (if you follow diagram JTAG INTERFACE) the picture above shows green as being pin5 I just want to make sure that I get it right. cheers. Any chance of a more indepth guide or something.

8. spitfits

spitfits Member

Just thought I'd add that the "jtag tutorial" on mediafire file hosting site is no longer available.

9. sacnorad

sacnorad Member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  10. ma64

ma64 Member

Hi sc0user, i'm a newbie to this cable box business and i'm hoping you can give me a bit of advice if you dont mind.
    in respect of the usb to rs232 convertor cable do you know if there is one which is windows vista compatible? i've looked at loads on various sites and none seem to cater for vista. your help would be greatly appreciated.