1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveEire

SteveEire Member

Hey I'm currently havin a slight problem with setting up my box at the moment. I have the firmware that allows me to flash the box I got but I dont have a 9pin com port on my PC.

So I went out and bought a 9pin to USB adapter extension cable but the firmware only picks up the Box if its using the Com port. Is there any software that may allow me to pick up the USB extension?

2. britrock

britrock Member

only a suggestion mate , borrow someones laptop or take it round someones house who's computer has got that port & flash it , less hassle
    hope this helps
    neil

3. firgy

firgy Member

I used an old pc I had in the loft - they've got the 9 pin port.

4. britrock

britrock Member

Nice 1 how u finding your box,ive had mine up & running now for a couple of days, touch wood no problems yet , apart from not getting the odd channel eg bbc3 ,all the movie channels though

5. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Need help I'm in Rep of Ireland and have both the 2006 & 2007 editions, both were working perfectly in seperate rooms but all of a sudden the 2007 edition stopped whats coming up now is no signal I completel re flashed it and tried it else where & it worked perfectly. It cannot be the signal in the house as the 2006 edition works perfectly still and the normal cable channels are working fine. Any suggestions!!!

6. britrock

britrock Member

Hi have you tried changing the splitter seems to me the signal isnt coming through to the other room so its either the splitter or cable ,try changing the splitter if that doesnt work then try running some loose coaxal cable to the other room then try fitting that on the main inlet with a new splitter see of it works then
    hope this helps
    neil

7. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Hi Neil, but the signal seems to be grand when i put the old box in it or when i put the coax cable straight into the tv..strange..

8. britrock

britrock Member

very ???? let me know if you have any joy
    sorry i couldnt help

9. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

hi neil, the problem seems to be with the signal, it may seem silly but im living in a new housing estate and as more houses are getting cable the main signal seems to be weakening which in turn is weakening my signal i've tried my neighbour's and same thing so it must be the signal i've tried a signal booster and its little better so have you any suggestions on certain signal boosters..

10. britrock

britrock Member

never used them mate ill have a look round to see if any have any ratings & get back to you ,heres a quick idea ive just had how about 2 boosters one on your inlet when the box is in your house then the other one just for the problem box, hope this helps & ill get back to you if i find a good booster
    good luck
    Neil

11. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

cheers neil no harm in trying..

12. britrock

britrock Member

Hi ive had a bit of a look round for you, if you do subscibe to the basic package from your cable provider you could tell them you are not receiving a clear picture & they will increase the signal strength basicly blag them , if you dont subscribe ive read some good review on the Motorola Signal Booster 1GHZ Amplifier - Improves Signal Strength UP To 32 Times... which is available on on line but keep in mind this quote from another forum Amplifying the cable signal might help, if you amplify before the splitter. However, since you say that the signal coming in is already pretty bad, the odds are almost as good that an amplifier would just make the signal look worse (remember that they amplify everything -- both the good signal and the noise.
    hope your sorted soon let me know how you get on
    cheers
    Neil

13. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

my cable provider's signal is grand all over my estate so i cant really contact them for obvious reasons... but i will try a proper signal booster i've been on line looking at the one you mentioned and it seems to be what i need so i'll let you know.cheers neil.

14. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Neil just to reply to you as in how i solved my problem i asked a friend if he'd swap his 2006 version for my newer one as my older one worked in my other room, to see if it'd work and thanfully it did perfectly i dont know the reason why but it did so both my boxes are grand now. so thanks for all your help with this..

15. chantler

chantler Member

16. frankpop

frankpop Member

can anyone help please
    i have eurovox 2007 and am new to this i am in dublin and have ntl basic + digital + sports. i wanted to try out the box before cancelling my digital subscription. when i plugged it in it had named chanells but no pics i tried auto scan with no luck, then power scan no luck that also took away the chanell names that were there it had 0001 on the eurovox and is now 0000 , i had my cable plugged in to the antenna socket at the time, i then read a post which said use the rf socket, is that the correct one ? i then tried the rf but still nothing, the ntl cable is a screw in and i got an adaptor for it, if i put that directly in to the tv it will show the basic chanels, i would very much appreciate any help
    thanks
    frank

17. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Hi Frank,

The reason it didn't work is because you had it plugged into the wrong socket, you should be plugged into RF in, then when you did the power scan you wiped all the channels, so heres what to do, Go back into powerscan start from 290 mhz stop at 400 mhz, and change symbol rate to 6887 if your using Ntl and hit ok, should take about 5 min. Then sort the channels what ever way you want them.

Cheers,
    Bob.

18. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Yeah Frank Bob is right im in Waterford and if you do exactly what Bob says all your channels should be perfect.

19. frankpop

frankpop Member

20. frankpop

frankpop Member

hi bob
    i ran the same scan again with the same settings and i have about 150 channels, once again thanks for your help
    frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.