1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No worries :) Im sure one of the MODS will see this soon before you even get to contact them tomorrow , Cheers !

2. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

As indeed am I. I too despair at the amount of repeated questions and answers on the forum but mainly because of the added strain it is putting on the host servers.
    I came here recently and as you can see I'm a 'newbie'. I do however have 30 years experience in the field of TV and audio electronic servicing plus 15 in computer server installation and software support. I'd like to think I brought some value to the forums rather than be told ( as happened last night ) that info I repeated ( from these forums ) could in some way get the forum closed.
    I've been through the copyright theft mill. I've been through the courts due to my once operating one of the largest abandonware sites in the uk and I've paid some fines. I feel my input is of value and is made with an informed judgement.
    I fully comprehend the legal issues with the use of these boxes and they all end with you, the user. If you choose to continue to receive programmes to which you do not directly or indirectly through subscription, pay a fee for then you are the lawbreaker.

Free exchange of information that is freely exchanged between yourself and your cable operator is in no way illegal and if it were then the whole section of the site should be closed.

I'm already dismayed by some attitudes here and would consider operating a forum to cover these issues should there be over -zealous moderation of said issues.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Please keep the codes in one place and not filling up the few threads I'm trying to leave open by reposting them.
    All is does is make it harder to search and threads lengthier then they need to be.
    Plus these forums are so chaotic right now why do we need to make matters even worse?

Please see above for my explanation.
    And believe me I could go on and on but my fingers are tried because it seems no one has a clue on what search is. Hence trying to steer and keep the codes in the appropriate place.

4. SYNSEAL

SYNSEAL Regular member

Panasonic

Very well said, you certainly have a way with words! Ill probably see you around tomorrow! All the best.

5. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

As I was the administrator for what is still one of the largest visited forums on the net I am totally in agreement with you here. However I think that the issue lies with educating the users to search better as opposed to having random people try and police the forums.
    If there is a policy that suggests or instructs that codes are not repeated in a thread then I am not aware of that and apologise for my lack of research in the forums. I'm not taking the piss, I mean that, if I have confused the issue then I am truly sorry.
    I agree that there are too many codes posted because it confuses the average visitor who is not tech-savvy. I do however feel that if there are tech able people on hand at the time of a question being asked and they are able to help then it can only serve to help the reputation of the site. The suggestion that the repeating of codes will see the forum in some way closed for misuse is a little galling and I'd hope to see some further word on that to clarify the position for new members such as myself.
    I think AD is a very valuable site and I have had the good fortune to find it valuable for a number of years. I have only recently become active here on this one issue and would very much like to remain so.
    Please don't think I am trolling for an argument. I'd hate to give the impression that I was here for any other reason that to throw a bit of help into the mix.
    Kindest Regards
    Craig.

6. SYNSEAL

SYNSEAL Regular member

Your the boss and fair enough, But if this thread is just to point others to a different thread and you think the forums are so chaotic then why allow this thread to run. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt want it to close but its a little silly dont you think?

All the best!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No one mentioned that the forum would be closed but the thread would be like the other 100 or so that was closed for less , goodnight !

8. binkie7

If I had my way right now the DVB & PVR forums would be closed :) (well at least til things settled some :)) (I'm joking btw)

I'm only human & am trying the best I can to somewhat keep some sanity here. For right now repeating things over and over just adds to the confusion.
    It's not only this forum this happened in - it happens in others too so we try to cut down on the repeated info until things calm down.

So what we usually do is keep the first page updated - luckily we have members in this forum doing it. In others it's the mods who do it.
    Believe me we get complaints no matter which road we take. We can't please everyone but we do try to make finding the info as user friendly as we can.

So please bear with us while this problem passes.

edit to add: joking bit and no this is one of the few threads not closing.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  9. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

closed for less that what? It's hardly a citation to make random comments as if they are fact..
    I appreciate that you are a long standing member of good standing and that I'm probably committing forum suicide by daring to argue with you but I'd suggest that as the forums are moderated and the thread was happily bouncing along without interference before this that you might just allow those of us who are trying to become helpful members of the community to get on with it.
    This is a single thread and although there has been some cross-posting to another thread ( which probably should be ported here then closed ) I don't think that the information herein is causing any problem outside itself.
    The problem here is the influx of new members due to the Virgin rerolls and the refusal of those new members to read back in the thread. I took the time to read every post in 5 related threads before I made a single comment. Perhaps a reviewed sticky and an editing of the first post would help. I don't know. It's clear it is none of my business.

10. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

Thank you for the reply and comments.
    I'm a little too vocal in these areas due to my past experience. I shall accept that you are dealing with your post headache and I'll not add further to it.
    Kindest regards
    Craig.

11. waross

waross Member

Pasanonic

For more years than I care to mention I too have been Owner, Admin and Moderator on many large online Forums. As a result I have on many occasions’ encountered people that crash into a Forum to make needless criticism. If you are indeed the Admin/Mod of a Forum you should know how irritating it is when someone tries to tell you that you are not running it properly. The Owners of AD will run this Forum however they wish to, it is there decision not yours!

Simply enjoy what they have created and say thank you, it’s as simple as that!

In spite of what you claim I do see you as a “Troll”. If this was my Forum I would have booted you into touch before now.

What is a “Troll”:- Read this http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp

12. binkie7

@craig
    Thank you
    We are always glad to have to new knowledgeable members - it makes the site a better place.
    Right now though it's just a bit messy here. I know my nerves are getting a bit frayed but this too shall pass :)

13. binkie7

@waross
    There is no need for that post. Let's be civil to each other.
    I thought we all had pretty much handled this in a civil - no need to add to it.

14. pedopete

pedopete Member

Hi Guys just a big thankyou to everyone who helps with the codes

15. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Hi guys As i have never flashed my box before i would like a bit of info please, How do i know what box i have or does it matter i purchased mine without a box , It states eurovox max V , What loader is best to use and Do i need to erase the firmware on it , Cheers guys thanks for any help.

16. Ultim81

Ultim81 Member

Hi Guys,

As the mods have stated above the forums are getting extremely hectic.

I have posted all the latest code and "Fixes" HERE

The thread is locked so you will find the correct code rather than searching through 120 pages and thousands of posts.

HTH

Ulti

17. Mashman

Mashman Member

If anyone in the BURNTWOOD, LICHFIELD or CANNOCK area of staffordshire would like help installing the new fix eMail me. I can help.

Mashman

18. bobskin

bobskin Member

Fixes working on both EuroVox max V and EuroVox max

19. Nicky321

Nicky321 Member

Sorry but is there a link to the fix? Would this work on my box, I have a euro-vox max (dont know much apart from that)
    sorry, just seen the link above.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  20. jondav199

jondav199 Member

Hi there, anyonme have the updated codes. I was ex NTl & tried the codes that were on yesterday & none of them worked. How long is this going to go on. Its a nightmare. Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.