1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

Thats it exactly, strange how it seems strong, but then on the Eurovox shows as going into the red every 4 seconds or so..........yet on normal digital cable its fine and when an engineer came out he said the signal was great and in dtv medic it also shows everything as good ??????

2. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Do all 13 transponders go into the red, or is it just a few.

3. barm

barm Regular member

All 13 transponders go red

4. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

Its all 30 for me, in the north england....

5. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

.....and no slight adjustment of frequencies improves it, it then goes completely

6. juc

juc Regular member

im watching the tv and from time to time the screen just freezes for a split second, is there anything that can be done to stop it?

7. stampeo

stampeo Member

and me any help please

8. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Check your cables for loose connections, and don't use any cheap splitters.

9. barm

barm Regular member

I know lots of people who have subscribed to N*L Digital and the same thing happens to their N*L box, so I think its a signal or connections issue.
    I don't think there is a lot can be done about it

10. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

Right a quick update, it is definitely a signal issue...I purchased an amplifier from ebay (30db gain and with Slop adj) and this improved it, I can now get a constant green light so it isn't losing the signal anymore....however it is not quite enough, the pictures still break up and freeze...shame it wasn't a 60db one :-(

Has anyone any ideas? strange that Virgin check the signal and say its fine, yet I am proving it is weak (low)

11. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

12. alabam

alabam Guest

want to buy a digital receiver for sports and movie channels i have v.r.in me.ia and would like you guys oppinions on the best machine to buy and who from. any help apreciated thx

13. Skirgey

Skirgey Guest

My Euro box is doing my head in, I do a power scan where it scans through 770 and finds 30 - 33, mostly it only finds 32 and I am not getting all the channels, also whats up with all these TVCH channels?
    They seem to show replay shows and at times if I am lucky there will be a PPV movie on one but once a show has finished nothing else ever seems to come on the channel, so I have to do an auto search again and it will load in more of the TVCH channels.
    ITV3 has gone and I cannot seem to get it back, I must be missing somehting with these boxes but tis doing my head in.

14. juc

juc Regular member

when watching tv through my eurovox, the first 2 days worked perfectly now the channels keep freezing for a split second, its happening more and more and very frustrating to watch, my cables are all plugged in tight. does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem?

15. Skirgey

Skirgey Guest

Thought I had better add I get a signal from 80-83% most of the time.

16. suse103

suse103 Regular member

skirgey ,

just delete all the channels and enter these freq in manually ..a factory reset should clear everything ...just make sure no channels are listed in channel manager also . when all are entered hit autoscan the red button .this is for n*l . if the channels don't stay then i'm afraid your signal might have been downgraded...and a different box might be needed

17. suse103

suse103 Regular member

juc , you could try some gold plated cables and scarts , also a cheap booster from argus sorted similar problem.get the one you can adjust only 15 euro

18. suse103

suse103 Regular member

these are southern ireland

19. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

20. juc

juc Regular member

Big problem, the euromax just blew a fuse, i changed the fuse and its lifeless, does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do? is there anybody in ireland i can contact to fix it? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.