Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

O.K It looks like ive had a bad lead , Ive found another lead and i,ve just uploaded the file , It said uploading failed first then upload successfull , Is that normal , Just Scanning now , Hopefully all o.k

Thanks Again Guys

2. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

untrue, these boxes only listen on the network, they dont speak back. only way they can tell is by coming into your home and seeing it.

3. wwazza

wwazza Member

i've read both these guides, but which is the best one to follow. I have my null modem lead ready, a blue eurovox, a black eurovox and am ready to start downloading the update. (whichever is the best!!!) Help please!!

4. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

both the same thing really, ive been using my method all day and have so far flashed 150 boxes without fail. take your pick.

5. code3454

code3454 Member

hi has any1 got d latest codes 4 n*l ireland for d 11/4/o8???

6. vijayz

vijayz Member

how do you download the filmware for the eurovox maxv through the rs232 cable can someone please send instructions or the filmware again.
    Kind regards
    Vijay

7. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

no need to manual update anymore, read my guide.

8. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

maxv firmware here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/m5eo2cbkkg.rar

red box firmware here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/55kf33e4kg.zip

blue box firmware is here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/ya3l6ngcgs.rar password is: techwatch

You will need:
    A null modem cable (serial cable) – if you don’t have one – get one. You cant update without it.
    Winrar – download here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm click on WinRAR 3.71 at the top

Connect your eurovox to you pc with the serial cable, put the box in stanby.
    Unpack the file i posted earlier with winrar. Inside the file will be the loader utility and a notepad doc.
    Open the loader utility.
    You may first want to backup your chanel data so you wont have to rescan for chanels.
    To do this, click on the browse tab, choose a location to save your chanel data and click UPLOAD.
    Now to update your firmware, click on the download tab (note there are two download tabs, to update firmware click the highest download tab, the one on its own)
    Click start when the new box appears.
    Wait for update to complete.
    Now you can put your chanel data back on, to do this hit the browse button, select your chanel data file and press the download tab that is next to the upload tab.
    When completed hook the box back up, go to an encrypted chanel and allow about 15 mins for codes to update.

9. roseray

roseray Member

looking v-rg-n m-d-a codes for northern ireland any help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

10. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

you dont need them anymore, the fix is out.

maxv firmware here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/m5eo2cbkkg.rar

red box firmware here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/55kf33e4kg.zip

blue box firmware is here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/ya3l6ngcgs.rar password is: techwatch

You will need:
    A null modem cable (serial cable) – if you don’t have one – get one. You cant update without it.
    Winrar – download here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm click on WinRAR 3.71 at the top

Connect your eurovox to you pc with the serial cable, put the box in stanby.
    Unpack the file i posted earlier with winrar. Inside the file will be the loader utility and a notepad doc.
    Open the loader utility.
    You may first want to backup your chanel data so you wont have to rescan for chanels.
    To do this, click on the browse tab, choose a location to save your chanel data and click UPLOAD.
    Now to update your firmware, click on the download tab (note there are two download tabs, to update firmware click the highest download tab, the one on its own)
    Click start when the new box appears.
    Wait for update to complete.
    Now you can put your chanel data back on, to do this hit the browse button, select your chanel data file and press the download tab that is next to the upload tab.
    When completed hook the box back up, go to an encrypted chanel and allow about 15 mins for codes to update.

11. sportyguy

sportyguy Member

Hi simon thanx for info. am total newbie so hope youre patient . how do i unpack the files with winrar as i aint used before thanks

12. roseray

roseray Member

thanks for the reply, but i am not to well up on yhe tech stuff, could you explain it more to me if you can,many thanks

13. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

have you installed winrar? if not do it now.

After that, double click the firmware file and winrar will open.
    click extract to, a new box will appear choose a destination folder (desktop is the most simple) and click ok. the file will now be extracted the the desktop (or wherever you choose to save it)

14. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

right got it opened but when i press download nothing happens but i reckon its because im using a laptop null modem and rs232 to usb would this be the reason any help lease

15. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

it just says after i press download reciever not found then 4 port com to choose from maybe i would be better off with a pc

16. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

ok, a few questions. what box do you have? do you have a program called winrar installed on your pc? do you have a pc with a serial port? do you have a null modem cable (serial cable)?

17. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

yes you would, please guys, ive been repeating myself all day. i have seen nothing but problems with usb adaptors, some work, some dont. if it dont work there is really not a lot that can be done about it, sorry. you need a machine with a serial port.

18. wwazza

wwazza Member

I have all that simon, where is the file you posted earlier that i need to unzip with winrar?

19. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

what box do you have?

20. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

ok thanks and just one more question if i download the software onto one box can i link it up to other boxes with null modem and transfer data cos ive done it loads of times with digivox but cant find a transfer option on eurovox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.