1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

no, doesnt meen its a clone, you can get them from ebay.

2. cosvaldo

cosvaldo Guest

Cheers Si,thought so, just needed confirmation that it was "fubar"

3. wwazza

wwazza Member

THANK YOU SIMON !!!!

All back on and well without updating any codes.

Now I have all the channels but in a stupid order, can I use the flash loader to change the channel numbers

4. yelly

yelly Member

OK Thanks simon your a lifesaver

the kids are driving me mad with it going off all the time fingers crossed when i get the cable i can flash it with out breaking it lol

5. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

your welcome dude.........you know what?? ive spent most of the day on here helping people out and only a small few have had the common courtesy to say thank you!!!!!

6. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

your welcome dude, not sure if it will change the cannels, i always use the channel backup.

7. EFC4EVA

EFC4EVA Guest

Hi can anyone help me get my box working again. It went off a few days ago, and now it just keeps saying no signal. I have tried some of the codes on this site, but I keep getting the same message.

The model is:

DVB-XC BoxV TDA
    1.0 STC4 Jun 28 2007
    2.0t K5
    V001

I am in the liverpool area and on virgin media (telewest). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

8. JDevlin

JDevlin Member

Simonbllt

I have been on here most of the day watching, and you must have the patience of a saint. I will have a go tomorrow using the instructions you posted ages ago.

you need a few beers!!

9. celt68

celt68 Member

many thanx guys from Dublin for all your coded help ! respect...

10. fruitgums

fruitgums Member

new firmware works well in hants, thanks for the site and good work.

11. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

think thats the eurovox red.

not sure if this will fix the no signal issue, try checking all of your cables first.

red box firmware here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/55kf33e4kg.zip password is: techwatch

You will need:
    A null modem cable (serial cable) – if you don’t have one – get one. You cant update without it.
    Winrar – download here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm click on WinRAR 3.71 at the top

Connect your eurovox to you pc with the serial cable, put the box in stanby.
    Unpack the file i posted earlier with winrar. Inside the file will be the loader utility and a notepad doc.
    Open the loader utility.
    You may first want to backup your chanel data so you wont have to rescan for chanels.
    To do this, click on the browse tab, choose a location to save your chanel data and click UPLOAD.
    Now to update your firmware, click on the download tab (note there are two download tabs, to update firmware click the highest download tab, the one on its own)
    Click start when the new box appears.
    Wait for update to complete.
    Now you can put your chanel data back on, to do this hit the browse button, select your chanel data file and press the download tab that is next to the upload tab.
    When completed hook the box back up, go to an encrypted chanel and allow about 15 mins for codes to update.

12. yelly

yelly Member

13. yelly

yelly Member

in the link you posted the pickture of the null modem cable looks exactly like the cable that connects the monitor to the computer is that what it is if so can i just use that cable off the old computer sorry if thats another dumb question you must be really gettin sick of us by now thanks in advance

oh and sorry i think i posted just the quote a min ago im a bit of a pc dumbo lol

14. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

trust me, its different. the cable that connects you pc and monitor has male connectors at both ends. the null modem cable has female both ends

15. yelly

yelly Member

OK thanks again

16. EFC4EVA

EFC4EVA Guest

17. speedy50

speedy50 Member

18. Symon55

Symon55 Member

Hello all. Been looking at your site for the past couple of days, not sure if u can help but i hope so. I have a eurovox box will the gray front 2006 i think. Lost all channels the other day,can anyone help. I am on Vi**** Med, in the south west. I am i noob to all this so all the help will be appreciated. Many thanks

19. airz007

airz007 Member

hi thanx 2 every1 who has ben tying to help first off!!! Ive been manually inputting codes since the daily rolling started with no problems however im considering updating to the new firmware!! I am though worried that my eurovox max v might be a clone and dont want to wreck it how can i be sure? is there any way of telling??

20. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

already been covered, usb connectors are hit and miss some boxes like them, some dont. if its not working then there is not much you can do about it, get to a machine that has a serial port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.