1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Check inside the box if you see any red blobs on the board screws its a clone, easiest way.

2. SYNSEAL

SYNSEAL Regular member

Simon,
    I think your doing a great job, It nice when people take time out to help people,I was doing the same yesterday with the codes. I will be using your info when my mate eventually gets here with the cable!!!

Keep up the good work and all you forum members dont forget to show your appreciation!!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  3. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

when you say lost all channels what do you meen, what does it say on the screen?

4. Ady1975

Ady1975 Member

Simon, your advice and link are quality and i can't wait to make use of them however...
    all I have is a laptop,
    one guy has replied saying the USB converter from maplins works, another has said a guy from maplins has told him it wont.
    I saw your advice telling all laptop users to get a PCI serial card, I didn't know what they were so I checked online and don't see how they could help as they are for PC's.
    I appreciate this may be a stupid question but is there any other solutions for laptop users?
    is there anyone out there using an adaptor that works other than the one guy who got one from maplins?
    should I just ask my mate to borrow his pc!!?

5. airz007

airz007 Member

@ steveeire you maybe need to download the drivers try maplin.co.uk and put in the description should be a link that asks you to 'click here' for drivers

6. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

thanx man.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

8. EFC4EVA

EFC4EVA Guest

Hi thanks for your advice, although I don't know if I will be able to do that it looks really complicated. I have not got the cable thing to try - I was hoping I would just have to enter another code or something. Just shows how un-technical I am! thanks again

9. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

like i say, its hit and miss with usb's. one could work for someone but the same one might not work for you. look up pcmcia serial adaptors for laptops

10. Symon55

Symon55 Member

Keep's saying code updating

11. PABLO68

PABLO68 Member

Can i also add my thanks to Simon I had thre days of hell from my unhappy missus and kids... however after following his guide and instructions my eurovox is now back online and working as good as ever ... Simon your a superstar mate.... the beer offer still stands !!

12. Ady1975

Ady1975 Member

cheers bud, i'll give it a shot.
    i wonder if it's more to do with the laptop than the lead?

reckon I might bottle it and try the mates PC, i'm sure he'll bu up for the challenge of sorting it out, we're about as stupid as each other.

thanks for the tips
    appreciated

13. SYNSEAL

SYNSEAL Regular member

I said the adapter didnt work but as I specified it was what the guy at the store told me, He said allot of people were bringing them back after trying to use them for this purpose, It is not a fact that they dont work! only heresay as posted.

14. WWmicky

WWmicky Member

Hi can anyone help me get my box working again. It just keeps saying no signal. I have tried some of the codes on this site, but I keep getting the same message.

Its EURO-VOX MAX, greyish black if that helps

I am in the Leicestershire area and on virgin media (prev. NTL. Any help would be appreciated.

15. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

that would be the eurovox blue.

blue box firmware is here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/ya3l6ngcgs.rar password is: techwatch

You will need:
    A null modem cable (serial cable) – if you don’t have one – get one. You cant update without it.
    Winrar – download here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm click on WinRAR 3.71 at the top
    install winrar
    Connect your eurovox to you pc with the serial cable, put the box in stanby.
    Unpack the file i posted earlier with winrar. Inside the file will be the loader utility and a notepad doc.
    Open the loader utility.
    You may first want to backup your chanel data so you wont have to rescan for chanels.
    To do this, click on the browse tab, choose a location to save your chanel data and click UPLOAD.
    Now to update your firmware, click on the download tab (note there are two download tabs, to update firmware click the highest download tab, the one on its own)
    Click start when the new box appears.
    Wait for update to complete.
    Now you can put your chanel data back on, to do this hit the browse button, select your chanel data file and press the download tab that is next to the upload tab.
    When completed hook the box back up, go to an encrypted chanel and allow about 15 mins for codes to update.

16. Ady1975

Ady1975 Member

no offence meant synseal,
    sorry for the confusion

17. simonbllt

simonbllt Regular member

if it says no signal make sure that the v.media cable is ok

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

The best member here is the search bar as we have answered all these queries numerous times.

19. Symon55

Symon55 Member

Thank's buddy will get a cable and give it ago. Thank's again for Replying so quick

20. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

thanks for every ones help finally got the boxes uploaded it was just the laptop was a bit complicated so got an older laptop and used the null modem and the rs232 to usb adaptor and it downloaded in mins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.