1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iainbreck

iainbreck Member

doggy 74 i'm new to this how do i send you an e-mail ?

2. doggy74

doggy74 Member

Removed by binkie - no emails allowed on the forum - share them by pm instead

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  3. club1

club1 Member

my eurovox max has been down since yesteday old codes no good im in the ntl area 54 01 has anyone got new codes or do i have to do some thing with the box

4. pie8er

pie8er Member

Scouser my eurovox maxV is not working with the codes, i have flashed the box with the firmware using the voxer software. do i need the basic tv package from v****n, or does it come down with the broadband connection? it was working fine up until they turned the boxes off. Any help please.

5. madapple

madapple Member

hi guys, sorry to ask really as i have had a look through the forum. Went out for a few last night came homelate to find my SV and Eurovox max not working. tried the codes for TW no joy. I also downloaded some software for eurovox from Eamo.

could someone just do me a favour and summarise where we are plz. i have what i think is a Sv clone on 257 fixed on TW

could i ask for
    a) the code to update (get the kids off my case short term)
    b) what is the correct software for both my boxes

much appreciated if you can help

6. sexylady1

sexylady1 Member

plz plz plz can anyone help me out.Ive got a eurovox 2008 and its been off for days!!!!! what do i do???do i plug it in to my pc and download something???if so where do i ger it from and whats it called.?????? may thanks for anyones help??????

7. smileydog

smileydog Member

hi if you read back to page 95-96 there is links and what you have to do.

8. smileydog

smileydog Member

does anyone have he latest for the midlands area plz ..

9. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Hi guys just wanted to say thanks to all who have been helping out the past few days with codes ect.Flashed my Red eurovox 2007 last nite all up and running latest firmware did the job changed a few codes and it just rescanned them in MAGIC thanks again all Tony.

10. JDevlin

JDevlin Member

So its been a whole 24 hours and no giggerypokery, no new codes needed, so was this an exercise to kill the clones, or a more sinister one?

11. redtoon

redtoon Member

24 Hours in the N.E V****N . and no code change required yet, what are they up to ? or have they surrendered ?

12. SD66

SD66 Guest

Hi Guys bit of advice needed please.

Bought my null modem cable and serial port to usb adapter cable. Plugged it all in, fired up the software (voxer or dnupman) and the box is recognised straight away but when it comes to transfering data between the pc and the box it keeps saying connection lost.

It's a EV blue.

Any ideas?

TIA.

13. doggy74

doggy74 Member

go into device manager and the properties of your "com" port update the data transfer rate to the max it usually sits at 9600 change it to the highest.

14. SD66

SD66 Guest

Cheers for the quick reply. Do I need to install specific drivers for this connection like windows is saying?

15. doggy74

doggy74 Member

with the usb to serial convertor you will need to install it with the drivers disk so its recognised in windows.

My experience then with these usb cables is that you have to first go into device manager and change the com port number to either 1/2/3/4 so the firmware sofware recognises the device and also go into the com port properties to change the data rate to the highest possible, after that is done bobs your uncle :)

16. SD66

SD66 Guest

Also there is no option in the properties section of the relevant device to change the transfer rate.

The PC is referring to the EV connection as USB-SER but as I said there is no mention of transfer rate.

17. doggy74

doggy74 Member

it should show as a com port in device manager if it does you can tinker

18. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

just to mention that i downloaded yhe new software onto my boxes last night using null modem and rs232 to usb it took a while because firstly the white apple laptop i was using was doing my head in just too complicated for me and secondly just to note in case anyone does the same stupid thing as me i got the software opened on another laptop but couldnt find the box on it so after an hour i picked up the empty box that once contained the usb adaptor and out fell this little mini disc to install the adaptor onto the computer how stupid i felt after that but also relieved cos it picked the box up in seconds .. you learn something new every day ha ha

19. SD66

SD66 Guest

Damn, didn't get a driver disc with the cable. I thought I should have got one with it. Doh!

Is it possible to get a driver off the net?

20. crezza79

crezza79 Member

I would remove ur email address if i were you or you may get SPAMMED!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.