1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crezza79

crezza79 Member

yes it worked for me yesterday its the UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_10_04_08 software, there are a few new features on there also eg: it sorts your favs into categorys for you. It takes a couple of minutes to flash

2. Culchie1

Culchie1 Member

PS Unfortunately the symbol rate 6887 or 6952 don't appear to apply to Kildare. At least I am assuming so because I can get channels when I do a normal scan at symbol rate 6875 but can't get any channels at all when I do a power scan (which I assume is because the powerscan is being done with 6887 or 6952?)

Any ideas anyone ?

3. dsaund

dsaund Member

1shadow1

I removed the serial (com) caple from the motherboard and installed another cable I had (from my days in computing) and it worked perfectly.
    Must have been a dodgy connection.
    I have downloaded the new firmware and everything is OK and working again.

Thanks

4. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

thanks buddy, erm what did u do n what cable did u use in the end.

am certain that the box is fine and i know mi pc is fine.

i also think mi cable is fine, however, i am asuming that my cable is wrong. my cable if from maplin 'serial lead [rs232] order code L68BT.
    maplin barcode is : 5026686 041712

plz note this is a straight cable female to female.

u telling me u used an old cable kinda suggests that ur cable is not straight.

straight = pin1 on one end = pin1 on other end etc

al post this on forum for clarification, however u seem to have a cable we need :)

thanks

andy

5. criosdubh

criosdubh Member

i cant help you but i am also in naas
    i am not getting anything my provider ch--rs can you help with
    installaction
    crios

6. Culchie1

Culchie1 Member

criosdubh

Hit menu then hit yellow key. Input code for provider, different ones depending on who provides you. You also need to them input the codes for key1 and key2.

Then go to do a powerscan but change to normal scan and input symbol as 6875 (for Kildare. Should get about 50 channels.

My problem is that I can't get anything when I do a powerscan, any help ?

7. LDM2008

LDM2008 Member

No only the power cable.

8. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

I thought I'd add this strange bit of information.

I've flashed a few boxes since the firmware release and the only problem I had was with a Starview 1 not flashing. Had no boxes today until a couple of hours ago and a friend with a max v wanted his done and I told him to come round, it would take 10 minutes.

Anyway, flashed the box no problems and re-installed his channel dump. Put the box in and even though the channels were there and the software revision showed as updated it still gave me a updating code error. No problem I thought, I'll just have to default the box and do a scan, takes a bit longer ( I had to do this with one of my own to get it working ). Seems a couple of the boxes are tempremental.
    Anyway hours later and the box finding no transponders I was getting annoyed. The symbolrate for this area, Manchester 1 is 6887 and always has been. I used this only yesterday. Out of frustration I used the Manchester 2 symbolrate of 6952 and hey presto, scanned much faster and instantly found the transponders.
    So for those having the problem 'no transponder to scan' I suggest you try a rescan on another symbolrate as it looks like Vermin may be getting sneaky and altering the bitrate state change speeds.

9. roseray

roseray Member

thanks simon for your info and time,i,m up and running

10. crezza79

crezza79 Member

rs232 null modem cable is what u need which is a 9 pin female to 9 pin female cable, this was no good for me though as my laptop has a 15 pin female connection so i would have had to buy an adapter, went to my uncles in the end though as my cable fit his pc. Not sure of the cheapest place to buy one other than fleabay

11. Culchie1

Culchie1 Member

Hey panasonic, any idea how to change the symbol rate for a powerscan. I'm in Kildare and use Ch**us - it appears symbol rate is 6875 not the 6887 or 6852 for which it appears the Ebox is set up. I can change the symbol rate for a normal scan but not for a powerscan ???? Any help appreciated.

12. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

Just FYI. That 15 pin female D-sub is your VGA out for attaching a monitor. Most laptops don't have an RS232 pot.
    If anyone gets a USB to serial adapter to use the laptop USB then be sure to install drivers for it if it does no P n P. It's not that the boxes are not being recognised. It's that the USB is not recognising the adapter and mapping it to comm 1.

13. yelly

yelly Member

hi sorry for repeating myself but i tried changing the time then turning the gmt off but the times still keeps changing and the epg is all wrong is there any thing else that i can try to fix it??

Sorry for asking I know you guys are worked off your feet with us all but we do really appreciate it thanks

14. Madrichie

Madrichie Member

Hi Guys
    Before i flashed the Eurov*x Max V with the new firmware, everything was working fine. Flashed the box with UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_10_04_08, reconnected back to the cable, and the signal strength/level had drop to around 20%-25%, now it's showing at around 8%. I've tried putting the old firmware back on(UFL_Max_V_KURO_15_10_07) also tried this one(Eurovox_Max-V-Black_02_07_07). I've already flashed a couple of other Euro's, both are working fine, so i know that i'm flashing them correctly.

I did have a bit of trouble with the box when i brought it, the signal level displayed has never been great,around 75%,(i have an older V2 box, which the signal level is on 90%),picture kept on breaking up, so i fitted a 10db thingy, and that improved signal level to around 90%.

I thought it might of been a cloned version, and the firmware had killed it, so i grabbed sc0user guide to cloned boxes, and it is an orignal one.

Also tried the reset button on the M/B.

My guess would be that the RF reciever has died.

Has anyone got any other thoughts what it could b?????????

Cheers

15. doggy74

doggy74 Member

as long as you have the drivers installed you can change its com port in its properties within device manager to either 1-4 doesnt have to be 1. Also make sure you increase data packet transfer from 9600 to max for a failsafe download

16. airz007

airz007 Member

Just FYI. That 15 pin female D-sub is your VGA out for attaching a monitor. Most laptops don't have an RS232 pot.
    If anyone gets a USB to serial adapter to use the laptop USB then be sure to install drivers for it if it does no P n P. It's not that the boxes are not being recognised. It's that the USB is not recognising the adapter and mapping it to comm 1.[/quote]

Panasonic i have had a problem with this all day ive had to install prolific drivers from a link on these forums it appears everything is ok as the device manager says it is working properly, but the loader just gets stuck and eventually says no com port available. I've changed my modem port from three to others while having the convertor at port 3 but it does the same thing over and over again any suggestions

17. doggy74

doggy74 Member

Panasonic i have had a problem with this all day ive had to install prolific drivers from a link on these forums it appears everything is ok as the device manager says it is working properly, but the loader just gets stuck and eventually says no com port available. I've changed my modem port from three to others while having the convertor at port 3 but it does the same thing over and over again any suggestions[/quote]

makes sure increase the bits per second (data transfer) in the ports properties from 9600 default to the max

18. dsaund

dsaund Member

The cable required is a 'Null Modem Cable'

This is not straight pin to pin

Pin 1 is not used
    Pin 2 goes to pin 3
    Pin 3 goes to pin 2
    Pin 4 goes to pin 6
    Pin 5 goes to pin 5
    Pin 6 goes to pin 4
    Pin 7 goes to Pin 8
    Pin 8 goes to Pin 7

Pin 9 is not used

Hope this helps

19. miniey

miniey Member

Guys I need help.. I'm in NW London... and got a N*L provider which is now V***IN..

I have tried all the codes:
    00 = 8A 6B 42 56 D5 E3 83 1E
    01 = C1 6C BE 24 09 F2 DD FA

Still getting ' updating codes' msg....

I'm loosing my mind with out my channels.. can someone pls help me

20. crezza79

crezza79 Member

these are the old codes the new ones are

00: 8A 6B 42 56 D5 E3 83 1E
    01: D8 7E 88 CA 37 E3 93 83

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
Thread Status: