1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

as long as you have the drivers installed you can change its com port in its properties within device manager to either 1-4 doesnt have to be 1. Also make sure you increase data packet transfer from 9600 to max for a failsafe download[/quote]

I think it depends on the flash loader you are using. For the starview boxes you can change the com port to use in the loader software. As far as I can tell the UFL for the max v seems to be default comm 1 ( although it may search 1-4 for the box, I've not yet tried a different port ).

For the guy having signal strength problems, install your new firmware ( the 2008 March for the max v ) and before you go into the scan go to TV settings in the menu and turn the signal booster on. When you do a scan, as you have no channels now, just do a factory default reset using the symbolrate for your area. Then let it do the fast scan ( ensuring the symbolrate is the same )
    When it starts the scan and you are on the blu page showing the scan and the header 'TP' it will scan for transponders, if the transponders ( about 30 of them ) do not start to appear quite quickly in a list and the scan is taking ages it seems that the symbolrate will be wrong ( my area has changed in the past 24 hours ) so go back to the factory default and use another symbolrate and repeat the scan. There are 3 symbolrates on the new software and one should work for you as long as you repeat the factory default to change the symbolrate for the one you plan to scan with.

hope that helps.

2. JDevlin

JDevlin Member

try this on the bottom line

DB 7E 88 CA 37 E3 93 83

3. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

It would seem that some of these adapters just are not functioning as they should do and my honest suggestion would be to just use the null modem cable ( it must be the correct cable, if one came with your box then fine, if not you need RS232 DB9F to DB9F ) and beg steal or borrow somebody else's PC. Most people can have access to a PC somewhere. Use the RS232 port on the PC and just put your firmware update on a CD if you don't have internet access on the PC you use ) and run it from there.
    It takes about 2 minutes to flash completely. I've had issues with the channel dumps not writing correctly but then it's no hardship to rescan the channels if you at least get a working box at the end of it.

4. LDM2008

LDM2008 Member

try
    PROVIDER: 5A 01
    00: 6F 9B A2 32 50 67 36 57
    01: 6A 90 5C 97 67 CD A8 91

5. bign

bign Member

what kind of cable do i need? to connect fron old euro vox and where will i get one,
    i have had my box for a while now and can't remember if got cable with it
    please help!

6. psy93

psy93 Member

download the bigmaq toolbar, then go to "latest keys-chorus ireland-10 april 2008 double roolout-hey presto

provider code is 5E 01

am also in Cork and these codes have been working fine since day before yesterday, havent dowloaded the new software fix yet tho! waiting for proper cable

7. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

I'm sorry I don't actually know. On my box ( Max V new firmware ) power scan gives me the option to choose the frequency range to scan ( leave it alone ) and then has 4 symbolrate options. 1 is the box factory default and the next 3 are 0000.0 which I can manually alter to what I need ( if I would need it )
    I don't do a power scan. I just put in the new firmware, and use fast install with favourite auto sort on.

Sorry I can't be of further help. Wait for a fix, I understand that the nice chaps who released the new firmware overlooked chorus this time and you are not included in the update.
    You might want to flash back to the Oct 07 firmware and use the codes provided until a firmware revision is released because I'm sure they will soon do it.

8. watballs

watballs Guest

9. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

Oh come on please ;) I understand that finding information in a big thread is difficult but that information is just above your post :D

10. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

Widnes Cheshire NTL EX C&W NetID-41048 Fr-666.750 SR-6.952

so you need the 5C 01 codes
    [​IMG]

11. mandy07

mandy07 Member

hi there panasonic just read ure last comment there does dat mean if were on ch**us in limerick there is no fix yet i have a black eurovox max v 2008

12. dibble76

dibble76 Member

hey all,a bit of help needed if you please... got my channels working again,all but sk sprts 1,any ideas as to why this is?? but since i had my euro v max v i havent been able to get setanta 2 and mutv any idea on these either?? oh yeah incase you hadnt noticed im a complete novice.... any help would be appreciated

13. crezza79

crezza79 Member

this happened to me, i did a manual scan and it found the channels

14. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

Ok, I've been here some time now so please note it is Pasanonic ;)

It is my understanding the the ch*rus settings have not been included in this update as of yet. However I've not attempted to look at the code for this and could not confirm that without doing so. I'm sure that it's an oversight and they will get to it soon as.

I can of course be wrong and apologise in advance if I am.

15. Madrichie

Madrichie Member

16. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

I agree with this. try and do an 'update channels' scan as well, this just rescans the transponders for any new channels that might be added. This is always handy to do as Vermin often add new channels without mentioning it.

17. mandy07

mandy07 Member

very sorry for spelling ure name wrong ..thanks for the reply am greatful ill hold out another while and see

18. dsaund

dsaund Member

Mandy07

Have just updated the C****s codes in Shannon so they must be there in Limerick

19. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

No. If you are sure you have a Max V black box then you want the Kuro V3 FIX update dated 10-04-2008

20. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

I'm just messing with you Mandy, it's only a nickname, not important . I've been called worse :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.