1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Just a bit of Info I came across today in relation to the 2008 Eurovox box.

Some people have posted that they don’t work in their area and many have swapped for the older 2006 model.

My contact tells me that the 2008 version is the first of the Eurovox’s to have the “Auto Baud Rate Detect” disabled & if you manually input the correct baud rate it will work in any area.

2. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Im in Waterford celtic71 unless they're at it here too..

3. Jimmyoz

Jimmyoz Member

I seem to be having similar problems to some of the other posters. Having recently bought a Eurovox I am now having difficulty getting it to work . It started fine right from the plug in for the first 24 hours or so. Since then it alternates between working and showing a blue screen with a "no signal" message. As I said this changes regularly and unfortunately the majority of the time I have the blue screen with the "No Signal" message. I don't really understand how the signal can be fine one minute and unavailabe the next. Also if I revert back to normal T.V link the reception etc. is fine, irregardless of what is going on with the decoder.
    To be fair it does seem to be working a little better today but still far from perfect. Any ideas anyone? do you think a booster box might help? Cheers in advance

4. Chetna

Chetna Member

5. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Steve,

I bought my usb to serial converter in radionics, part num. 450-3238, it works perfect just load the driver and away it goes.

6. patwin

patwin Member

hello lads what is flash box,i have seen it on the site a lot

7. 1paulig

1paulig Member

My Eurovox max V has arrived and I am trying to flash it as per the guidelines on the file share site. Hitting problem after problem-help.
    Firstly -do Idwnload the software or is it the firmware?
    Next I find that my PC cant find file assoc RAR -so I down load the application-then I get to the dnupman box but cant find the flash that is i am asked to flash for-where would that be? What am i doing wrong-I can normally work these things out..If someone has done this recently and can put me on the path i would appreciate it -a lot!

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will need WinRar to extract a .rar file ,you can find this on the link in my post below

9. 1paulig

1paulig Member

ok-have winrar installed. Do I open the firmware or software file on 4shared?
    What of the bin file-do I need to have that application too?

10. juc

juc Regular member

when you downloaded dnupman did you download voxer too? i couldnt get my eurovox to flash using dnupman but the voxer alternative worked perfectly

11. 1paulig

1paulig Member

Making progress-fingers crossed i will be up and running without any more fences down!

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You run the softwa*e to load the firmwa*e from your PC to the b0x

13. antho101

antho101 Member

hi,ive just bought a new eurovox max2008,ive connected it to the cho*us cabe,its not slit,done evrything like i should have,but i still cannot get any tv channels at all,i do a powerscan and when its finished its the exact same as when i started nothing comes in on it,can anyone help me,im in clonmel co.tipperary,i know im not on mmds with cho*us its the usual cable running from house to house all over the town,also when i do a powerscan the signal quality goes up and down every few secons from 98percent to 6 percent and so on,if anyone can give me any advice on what to do it would be great,thanks

14. juc

juc Regular member

try upload the channels from your computer, i used voxer to upload mine

15. Chetna

Chetna Member

Hi Im new to this also but I know that the Symborate for Ch--us is 6875 hope this works for you

16. antho101

antho101 Member

hi thanks for the help,ok i got a cable with the eurovox to connect to the computer,but what do i need to do to download the channels from the computer to my eurovox do i just connect the box to my pc or do i need to go onto a website or something if anyone knows can they let me know please

17. 1paulig

1paulig Member

Hi all

Simply frustrated at this stage-cant get the software to up load once downloaded-falling at the 1st fence-invalid firmware is all i get-eurovox\DnUpMan_DVBC_FAV8_20060314\DnUpMan_DVBC_FAV8_20060314.exe
    Am I doing something wrong? Is the file corrupted-prob not,just trying to rule out at this stage.
    Can someone talk me through it from the download from f shre process. I have RAR uploaded.
    thanks
    P

18. juc

juc Regular member

did you downlad voxer

19. 1paulig

1paulig Member

no, I was hoping to go the standard route. How does the voxer work ?

20. juc

juc Regular member

go to where you downloaded dnupman and the firmware, there should be voxer aswell, when you run voxer theres an icon saying send firmware to eurovox, i couldnt use dnupman for some reason but it worked perfectly on voxer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.