1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chetna

Chetna Member

you can get the software from other users of this site its the firmware you need to download onto the box i got a cd with my eurovox and the software was on the it hope you can get started there is great help on this site with most knowing what they are doing cheers

2. Chetna

Chetna Member

hi cablentk you seem to know a fair bit about eurovox hope you can help me new 2008 version not responding to signal message( no transponder to scan) i have rebooted box cleared data and reset through pc firmware download when powerscan comletes it just continues scanning with no result i have read and tried a lot of your suggestions but o one seems to have my problem "would it be a hardware problem"many thanks if you can help B

3. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Try changing the baud rate.

4. Chetna

Chetna Member

Thank You i will try that now let you know how i do Thanks again

5. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Hi
    First of all lets start with the fact that when old eurvoxes like 2006 - 7 came out we had N*L and Telepest as cable providers and to set up the box we just needed to choose the provider and thats it. But now as Vi*gin took over the new 2008 max's software has changed as well so no old instructions will work.

In your case best thing is start from the basics. You need to aks and find out following, Do you have any cable connection at all? If yes is it active or not? If it is yes then you can progress on to next step who your old cable provider was N*l or TW? once you got answer for all that then lets go to the box itself.

Power up your box and then Press MENU go to config and then clear data. First choose delete channels from clear data once done then choose factory reset. At factory reset choose appropriate symbol rate
    N*L is 6887 and TW is 6952 choose ur provider and do factory reset.

After that You should be able to see screen coming up as power scan screen. Just do the pwer scan first. Once completed you should get some transponders if not then try different provider once you do have transponders you just have to do the AUTO SCAN then.

Hopefully this should help you and others with Eurovox Max 2008

6. Chetna

Chetna Member

Hi cablentk thank you for reply i am doing just what you said now i do have other eurovox working in the house im on N*L they are working fine its just this ne i have tried many things and i think it is a hardware problem i will let you know ow i get on thanks again b

7. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

You also have to make sure you cable splitter is not faulty just plug this box cable into the working box one. This should also help.

8. Chetna

Chetna Member

I have done all you told me and the box is still in full power scan low and high quality it doesent seem to be doing anything else thanks B

9. des61

des61 Member

do an autoscan

10. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Yeh you can only do autoscan once you have transponders saved in the box. For which you have to do powerscan first and then auto scan once transponders are found.

11. omnisky

omnisky Member

hi, I'm new to eurovox boxes, hopefully someone can put me on the right track.
    One of my mates ordered a Eurovox max 2006 (blue). It came with just the remote and connection cables, no cd or instruction manual.
    He's tried to do an autoscan without success, it didn't pick up any channels at all.

I'm wondering if he got a cloned box, if he did shouldn't it at least pick up some channels?

Also what are the correct steps we need to do to try and get it to tune in. (North Dublin N*L)

12. Bob66

Bob66 Member

If the box has been flashed, then all you need to do is do a powerscan in user installation, start freq. 290, finish freq. 400, symbol rate 6887.

13. omnisky

omnisky Member

thanks for the info bob66

what do you mean by flashed?

do we need to put some software on it or something, nothing came with the box at all.

if it does need to be flashed can this software be downloaded somewhere.

14. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Yes you need to download the firmware, read page 12 of this thread and it will guide you through step by step.

15. omnisky

omnisky Member

thanks for the info.

I'll give that a go this evening

16. IrSaint

IrSaint Member

I received a new Eurovox Max 2008 in the mail yesterday but it wont power on, it constently stays on stand-by. Can anyone help me ?

17. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Yes
    you need to install the software on it by connecting it to your pc via cable and software (supplied i presume with box).

18. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Can anyone help. I got up this morning and my boxes are showing " service unknown" across the screen on most channels..anyone else had this..

19. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

It seems to be on certain channels from freq. 307 to around 327.. any help would be appriciated..

20. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Best thing is to rescan the frequencies of channels with problem. To do that you would have to do manual scan just go into user installation and do manual scan of related frequencies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.