1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsainty7

nsainty7 Member

Yes I used my laptop for both operations. I set the port on my laptop to 3 BUT I got no option to set the port on the fix. I just hooked the laptop to the box. Opened the fix application. And then tried to upload the channels. When I hit upload, i got the msg "no free port". Thanks for your help..

2. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Ham & cheese was it ?,....it's not me who asked the question about the number 8, I know about the different rates & what they will do,....this forum has just become totally crazy this last few days, so many new members asking age old questions that were covered over & over in the past when they should really do a simple search on the forum to find the information they need, as you know it's all here at the click of the mouse, another well known forum (digitalworldz) is handing out immediate bans to anyone clogging up their forum with questions that have been dealt with in the past,...I was up till 03:00 this morning doing my best to help folk with the current key roll issue & the amount of new members posting the same questions was just absurd, sometimes their question had been answered only a few posts back but they will not check before posting

3. djsika

djsika Member

my dad has a 2006 box, is it true i have to update it with a differnet code everyday?
    if so anybody know where i can get the virgin media uk, wolverhampton area codes from? is there no perm fix for this or somthing that would last longer than a day, sorry i dont really know much about this stuff, its my dad's box

4. psy93

psy93 Member

anyone else having a problem with the "BigMAQ" toolbar updating latest keys/codes?
    have been refreshing it and it still shows latest keys for ch*rus ireland as 10thApril double roll! know, thanks to this thread that newer codes are available/needed

5. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

the new Software is out for the autoroll for the Eurovox Max V 2008 but it ONLY works for NTHELL customers and not CH&RUS

6. nazarath

nazarath Member

lenny, i have read through the whole forum, brilliant work from ppl like u and panasonic, not to mention simon.....great stuff!
    i had just the one question, while im wating for my rs232 cable to be delivered.....have big maq stopped updating the toolbar???? any ideas ppl? thanks in advance

7. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

The CODES for the Eurovox for CH&RUS customers seem to take a day to be posted after it goes down.

for some reason NTHELL customers get theres within an hour.

It's Ch&rus Ireland customers who suffer most for some reason..!!

thats why i updated to latest frmware last night and have had troubles ever since...and then somone tells me The latest frmware only works on NTHELL.

Im not surprised it doesnt work on Ch&rus again as we have to sit and watch paint dry in order to get to watch anything.

8. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

does anyone have Instant messenger on there laptop/desktop so i can get REAL TIME support this evening and id be able to get details of my current problem with the box and maybe get this resolved in a timely manner instead of 7hours support last night.

Which im greatful too....but i need someone who can tell me on Instant messenger To go into this screen, what do you see, ok type this in and now press this.
    do you get were i am coming from.

Be great and it would be a quick approach before i decide to throw the box to the dog out in the garden and let him chew on it.

9. LDM2008

LDM2008 Member

Ive used these since thursday t time and there still working. im in west brom
    5A 01
    6F 9B A2 32 50 67 36 57
    6A 90 5C 97 67 CD A8 91

Best of luck

10. MrTrebus

MrTrebus Member

why dont ya just read the stickies on how to do it !!!!
    ALL the info is there for you !
    would you like someone to come around and make ya a cup of teas as well while ya do it FFS !!!!

11. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

Hi Trebus,

Your a newbie, when you sped 7 constant hours online without taking a toilet break in order to solve the problem get back to me ok..!!

12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

If you don't have the option to choose the port on the update software you will need to keep changing the port number on the laptop until it communicates.

13. ydel

ydel Member

ITS SO EASY TO DO MY THICK M8 CAN DO IT SO ANYONE CAN LOL

14. MrTrebus

MrTrebus Member

WTF are you talking about ???

I sorted my box DAYS ago by reading the posts and not posting dumb ass stuff !!!

like I said ALL THE INFO IS THERE for you.
    You obviously haven't read ANY of the stickies about using the "search" function for answers.
    nor have you actually went and LOOKED for answers in some of the other threads

go look it up instead of bleating like a child about "your" problem.
    If you read up on it you'll see its been explained SEVERAL times, in SEVERAL different threads, yet you just logged on,posted your question, and waited for someone else to solve it for you.

yeah, someone is gonna get on IM and explain it all to you step by step !!
    what button to press, what the screen should say.....give me a break FFS

Oh and by the way, if you sat there for 7 hours and couldn't find the answers,then your obviously too dumb to own such a technical piece of equipment.
    Just sell it and get your local provider in to sort you out properly !!!

Y'all have a nice day now !!!!

15. LDM2008

LDM2008 Member

Point taken mate but dont you think were newbies for a reason!!!! were very greatful for everyones help but as they say, you learn by your mistakes and now perhaps people will look back if there showed how too :(

16. fruitgums

fruitgums Member

hi all, before you download the new filmwear, is there anyway of saving your favourite lists to the pc, or do you loose them all?

17. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

when you run the frmware exe, there is a browse button at the side of the browse folder click on it to save your current channels as a cdf file. Once you flash to the latest frmware click on download to select the cdf file to put back on the box.

18. patwin

patwin Member

19. redtoon

redtoon Member

Never updated my EuroVox max V 2007 just put new codes in for N.E. on 11th and its worked fine since then, next doors is the same, maybe this was just to panic everyone to update boxes and generally ar*e them up ? as that seems to have happened with a lot looking at the posts,
    The codes are not rolling now at least not here.obviously there was a reasoning behind all this from the cable bunch but no theories put forward yet, has it been having an effect on the pukka users boxes ?.

20. karljd

karljd Regular member

dont worry there not finished yet as this has been happening with the starview for the last year on and off,thats why you should upgrade your box with the latest firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.