1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robocab

robocab Regular member

are you sure its the software thats causing this and who said to stop flashing boxes????

2. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Who?

3. hacker71

hacker71 Member

The person who had the manufacturesrs of eurovox dialled into his PC through PC anywhere trying to write the fix since it first happened.

This guy is the main source of EV's into Ireland and has that relationship. The fix was flashed Fri and Sat on a number of boxes, it stood up to the Dub rollover on Sun but a number of complaints have come back regarding the boxes sitting down. The word is relax for the next version????

anybody else heard anything?

4. robocab

robocab Regular member

Havent seen or heard anything about this over the last 4 days or so, & it would have certainly popped up here before now if there was an issue, not doubting u hacker71 but it just seems unbelievable that after a few days of flashing that it only decided to pop up now.

5. hacker71

hacker71 Member

maybe it is a myth and the guys want people to relax cause they are inundated, I agree, if there was truth in this then it would have popped up here by now.

The source is a very good one and I don't know why it was said if it wasn't true????????????????????????????????????

6. robocab

robocab Regular member

Scaremongers, it happens all the time when someone sees a frenzy like what's been going on here since last thursday, they throw a spanner in the works and see what happens, we'll worry about it if it happens but untill then we'll concentrate on getting more and more people up and running and beat the providers at their own game I bet this forum has cost them a packet already.

7. hacker71

hacker71 Member

I Like your attitude, and if I was paranoide I'd say that "they" want to charge people for the fix as long as they can and stop those of us who just want to beat the system and share info

8. robocab

robocab Regular member

Theres nothing here we can't fix, theres enough brains on this forum to put the Cable providers to shame, I had a guy from NTHELL come out to check the signal on my line and I'de swear he was about 15yrs old My 8th yr old knew more about his job than he did, and thats the kinda sh*t were up against.so don't worry about the rhumours we'll beat them and it'll all blow over till the likes of Setanta & sky decide to pull the plug on them for not doing something about it.

9. hacker71

hacker71 Member

OK,

I'll keep checking in and if I get any solid info or software I'll share it

signing off Hacker

10. robocab

robocab Regular member

Wont be long before I hit the hay myself, I think everyone's pretty happy with the service this forum provided over the last 24hrs, last night was crazy but tonite its dead so good luck to u all and I'll check in every now and then to see whats hapenin.
    Adios...

11. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

the eurovox fix was on test from early last week here in Ireland, it was only released to the public on friday,

12. mandy07

mandy07 Member

new software woring on ch**us in limerick

13. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

fighting talk robocab,..."we'll fight them on the boxes" "never in the history of forums were so many greatfull to so few" "cover me !! I'm going in",........LOL

14. peter2222

peter2222 Member

you need a null cable (rs232 cable ) but it is grey in colour not black cable , grey

15. hill16

hill16 Regular member

please help i want to download new firmware to my box problem is my laptop does not have a rs232 port just a 15pin rgb port laptop is toshiba equium m40x-230 any help very much appreciated

16. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

anyone that has managed to flash their box through the usb adaptor on a laptop, could you please let me know if it is very slow to flash a starview box, i only tried a clone myself just to as a test by putting v 257 fixed on (no it doesnt make it autoroll) but my eurovox flashed at normal speed compared to the pc

thanks

17. jimbo655

jimbo655 Member

Hi although i used a pc to flash staview box with usb adapter and null cable modem it took much longer to flash than the eurovox.

18. gman496

gman496 Regular member

To use the adapter you will have to install the software driver provided on Disc with the adapter.

The Software Drivers can also be downloaded from this link
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/ZP43W_Drivers.zip

Make sure to connect the device(Adapter) prior to installing the drivers. This will cause windows to detect it & run the Windows found new hardware wizard. When this happens, cancel the wizard & insert the disc that came with the adapter & run the setup file.

Once you install the device drivers you will need to identify which COMM Port the device was assigned in order to choose the correct COMM Port in the GTRom/stblink v5.20 software used to interact with the box.

To check which port your device is on, do the following.

Click START
    Right Click My Computer
    Choose MANAGE
    Click on DEVICE MANAGER (in the left hand pane)
    In the right hand pane of the resulting window, click on the little plus sign (+) beside the Ports (COM & LPT) entry

You should now see the device listed as "Prolific USB-To-Serial Comm Port ( ) The Comm Port number for your device will be displayed between the 2 brackets next to the entry. ( )

Make sure to choose that COMM Port number in the GTRom software so as it will communicate with the Starview or whatever box you have.

19. Zinger55

Zinger55 Member

Thanks to everyone for their help, all up and running now.....

20. nazarath

nazarath Member

ROBOCAB, hi, jus been reading all your posts and ofcourse the posts from the rest, very very very useful info....I am running at the moment with the last codes updated 11/4 but I would like to flash my box once and for all....the problem i have is that i cant tell if i have the blue or red box...i will post my system info, please advise if anyone can tel me....
    Model DVB-XC_Box
    S/W Ver 1.0_SSC4 Feb 14 2007
    H/W Ver 2.0 Feb 14 2007
    Bootstrap V.001
    I remember being given the eurovox box without the packaging....hence making life a little harder. box was purchased in aug07, also, if its a clone, how can i tell? I dont want to pop the box.......thanks in advance...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.