1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

No probs kendo hope it comes 2morro I,m sure your fed up inputting codes if i hear anything will keep u posted

Scouser if your around tried what you advised the other night about deleting channel data before downloading new channel list and it worked thanks pal.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  2. kernzy

kernzy Member

Hey guys is there anywhere I can download a dummies guide to updating my firmware. it's been a godsend being able to get new nagra codes on this thread but N#L Dublin is going out almost every day now. I'd love to be able to have ny Eurovox max V 2008 update itself but I'm scared to touch it in case I f**K it up. Any help appreciated for this beginner. thanks

3. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I found these instructions but can't remember who posted them, so thanks to whoever did.

Updating Eurovox Max V with Kuro 10.04.08

1. Hook up your Eurovox to your PC using a null modem cable. (9 pin female to 9 pin female). Null Modem Cable must be used, looks the same as a standard RS232 lead but it is wired differently.

2. Run the Kuro Unified Flash Loader (download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xynenwxvyjy )

2a (Optional step: Press the Upload button to save your channel set up favourites etc as they currently are) Save this to a folder on your PC for use later.

3. Click on the 'download' button at the top of the screen.

4. The program will say 'Version 2.10 detected' and restart your Eurovox, it will then go through the downloading process, when finished it
    will display 'Downloading is successful' .

Now hook it back up to TV

5 . Press the Menu button on your remote, and then go into 'Config' menu and select 'Clear Data'

6. It will then ask for your PIN (default is 0000)

7.Then select 'Factory Default'

8. It will then ask you to select the symbol rate (I use 6.887 as I am on NThell Dublin).not sure if this matters at this stage though.

9. Press OK when 'Reset to Factory Default Settings' comes up

10. It will then say 'Wait to Factory Settings' and will then start to do a Full Power Scan (using the Symbol rate you selected earlier or you can change the symbol rate here)

11. It will then search through for channels, Go and make a cup of tea while it works away, do not interrupt it until it finishes.

12. It wil then exit to allow you to view your programs, but the code being updated message will probably come up for a while,

13. Put the box onto Sky Sports and go make another cup of tea. It may only take a few mins but again do not interrupt it (even if you think it is not working!)

14. Sky Sports will come up and all your channels will be back and you won't have to manually enter your codes anymore.

Using your PC again:

15. If you did the optional step at 2a, then browse to where you saved your file (CDF file) and click download in the lower box on the Kuro program, and it will reload your favourites etc. as
    you originally had them.

4. kernzy

kernzy Member

gman you are d-man I'll give this a lash on my next day off if the slave drivers ever give me one. Hooo-Ya free N*Hell forever. Thanks

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Well hello there night Owl, how are tricks?

I had that Info copied for future reference but couldn't remember who posted it. Cheers for the reminder.

And thanks to SG8 too.

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Not doing too bad thanks gman :)

I was here earlier on and when the codes changed twice , seen all the posts and did a runner ha ha , just checking in to have a nosey round for a while :)

8. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I know, I know... People do tend to panic a bit don't they & I well understand the users who are afraid to attempt a flash but fail to understand those who either request or post codes without stating their location or provider?

I know too that updating firmware is easy once you know what you're at. So to all the users who are still a bit hesitant,

1. If you identify your box correctly
    2. If you get the correct firmware for your box
    3. Get the instructions
    4. If you have a cable & have access to a PC
    It's a piece of cake ;-)

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Too true lol

I can imagine it on Tues and Wed when the CL Semi's are on lol , Im turning off my mobile and PC ha ha

In saying that , I got most of my family and friends updated so far so its not half as bad now thank god :)

10. mill00

mill00 Member

Fergus I'm new to all this. I have Eurovox Max 2008 with ch***s, I have the not autorlling problem. I have looked in the eko site but am confused as to the correct file to download. there are many files and many versions, can you identify for me the correct one to fix my problem.

11. stofbj

stofbj Member

The correct firmware for eurovox max v (2008) is on this link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xynenwxvyjy ), dont forget to download your channel's setting info before flashing as this will save you from having to do a power scan. Plenty info in in previous posts

I confirmed that the new code is working with chxxxrs, the first time I had to enter 5E 01 in the provider section of where we have been entering the codes manually. Now it's autoupdating.

12. linny40

linny40 Regular member

I gotta agree with that i was to scared but decided if i dint do it i would NOT have anything so went for it. Honestly if a dumb blonde can do it then you guys can do it,
    I now only have 2 channels that dont work altough they did work once id updated the firmware, but now for some reason SP1 and a shpooing channel with a tsv dont seem to work and thats not just on my eurovox its also on my startview super box ?? have these channels gone off air or summit!

13. MAXF17

MAXF17 Member

Celtic71 Hi dont know if master code 1968 was for me but still not able to reset default code to 0000

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If you are talking about a Eurovox try 1004.

15. marcasg

marcasg Member

Hey all

Many thanks to you especially Celtic and So0user - you guys are magic.

Thanks again
    M

16. mandy07

mandy07 Member

hi scouser i just downloaded the new firmware for ch**us it said download complete i plugged the box back into the tv and the channels just came back on i did nothing will i have to download again

17. maurve

maurve Member

many thanks to you all I have gone up in my grandchildrens estimation coz I can keep them up to date with the codes you understand that not all of us are computer wizkids I luv reading all your comments keep smiling and enjoying life! I cant believe that the box hasnt gone down for the last four days.

18. nazarath

nazarath Member

Scouser, how you doin mate? hope all well....im in the watford area ex c&w, if i want to reset my box with factory default, what code shall i use...6887 or 6952?
    Also, shall i do that before puttin in new firmware...of after?
    thanks
    naz

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

naz you need to take a channel dump file from your box first, then flash with latest firmware, do a factory reset and download your CDF back on thats it.

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If its working dont try to fix it :) Only joking have you checked all your channels to see if they are OK and have you tested the AU on it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.