1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

when you say no epg do you mean nothing is coming up when you go into it if thats what you mean then plug your box out for a min or two then plug it back in then it should come back hope that helps

2. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

Help!!!
    Went to Maplin got the cable (USB Serial Converter) and got D Sub Gender changer 9F to 9F.
    Manage to followed all the instructions as downloaded Winwar, open link and got to the dialogue box to upload channels the start button doesn't activate. So did not give up and still try to download the firmware by pressing top download and dialogue box open and the START button activate as it gets highlighted but after that nothing happens.
    Do u reckon it's the cable that is not detecting the box or I am doing something wrong!!!
    By the way I have the Eurovox Black 2008.
    Help I am so confused why this is not working for me.
    CM

3. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

did you install the usb adaptor onto the computer first cos you should get a little disk with it to install it and also make sure your using the right com port

4. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

Yeah I have it definitly install the USB adaptor using the CD!
    Is the com port the female at the back of the Eurovox, there is only one that I can see! Unless I am going nuts.

5. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

well i take it you downloaded firmware 18/04/2008 for the black box if so when you open this you should see a download button so when you press that it should come up version 2.10 detected so you should bjust have to hit start unless you are using the wrong com port if so go into control panel and go into system then go into device manager and go down to com ports and go into it then go into advanced and change the number of the port .. try 1 then 2 3 and four to see if you can pick it up on one of them ports .. hope this helps

6. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

there is also a thread a few threads under this one expleinig how to upload kuro on to your box have a look at that it might help you more .. hope you sort it cos its frustrating aqt first but you will get there in the end

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Why are you using a gender changer as a null modem cable is female to female, sounds like you are not using a null modem cable, but are replacing it with a gender changer? Wont work that way as the null modem cable is cross configured and as such is required.

8. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

click start on your computer, right click computer or my computer whichever you have, click on manage, click on device manager, click the + next to ports (COM & LPT) if your cable is installed correctly it will show up here, if its there right click on it, select properties, then select port settings, then select advanced. assign it to com 1,2,3 or 4. click ok. do a restart or try do a flash straight away, if you do do a flash straight away and unplug the cable afterward you'll more than likely have to assign it to a com port again. good luck

9. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

Maplin only had the USB converter with Male so I had to get the Gender changer 9F to 9F otherwise it would not plug in.
    I do not have Female receiver in my laptop and the guy in Maplin told me it should work with the USB.

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I see but are you also using a null modem cable in conjunction with this?

11. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Maplin only had the USB converter with Male so I had to get the Gender changer 9F to 9F otherwise it would not plug in.
    I do not have Female receiver in my laptop and the guy in Maplin told me it should work with the USB.[/quote]

sc0user is spot on.

You are connecting the USB Adapter directly to the box in a straight configuration & that will not work.

You must connect a NULL Modem cable between the Adapter & the Box.

If you told the person in Maplin what you wanted it for (They all have boxes at home too;-) & that's what he gave you? then he/she's a Muppet. Bring the Gender Bender back to them.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Wood from the trees Gman and yes our Maplins friends are so helpful :(

13. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

So I need to get something else!
    I already paid over €40 of cables and it is not enough!
    Sorry to ask so many questions but do I need the USB Cable or not as the only way it will plug in the Eurovox it is with the Changer.
    My head is melted as I am not too familiar with all these technical terms.

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

If your PC/Laptop does not have a 9 Pin Male Serial Port? then you need both the adapter & a Null Modem serial cable.

Both are available for about €10 on Fleabay.

15. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

Ok,
    Yeah my laptop doesn't have the 9 pins and that is why I need the USB cable.
    So I now need to get a null modem cable also.
    Ok thanks for all ur help guys and sorry for the stupid questions but as I said my head is melted right and could not understand why it was not working
    Thanks again

16. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Cmcmcmcm

Have a look here this may help!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/653745#3964196

17. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

Ok!
    Might be able to get one of this null modem cable from work.
    Hopefully!
    Thanks again for all ur help and hopefully won't ask anymore questions.

18. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Ask away, that's the idea here lol ;-)

Just make sure it's a NULL Modem cable & not a standard Serial cable (Which won't work) You can't tell the difference by looking at them & I'm sure you don't want another "Hair pulling session"?

The Maplin Part Number for the correct cable is L71BT but if you're near a Peats they will have them too.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  19. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

20. HK77

HK77 Member

hi Scouser,
    i have gone thru all ur threads and i feel u do a superb job helping all others.I tried to update eurovox max V as given on the forum. I am with n*l and tried updating with new codes but the problem is that when i run a full power scan it says tp 000 and no channels come up. i tried it so many times but no luck. cud u plzzz help me with this. i have updated the box earlier as well but now its not working anymore. Also, does it affect the box by resetting it to factory defaults many times? i would really appreciate if u cud help me with this.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.