1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

id say its prob bad connection have you turned the signal booster on in the tv settings also you could try get a better scart a gold tipped scart seems to be the best and your coaxial connection to your wall make sure your using a good working pipe lead and make sure everything is pushed in tight especially your scart going into the back of the box ... hope it helps some how or another

2. Rachel_D

Rachel_D Member

3. griffo50

griffo50 Member

Please please help.I messed up my eurovox by putting it back to factory settings and now I am getting zip !! Tried scan etc,but telling me nothing to scan.
    Any ideas ?

4. GB1

GB1 Guest

Hi
    Help Please
    I have Eurovox DVB-XC its silver dates back to Nov 2005! Box isnt updating, i'm unable to enter any codes via the remote, is it me or can't it be done on the older boxes??

Thanks
    GB

5. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

not to worry you have the correct version 2.10 on th evox.

please post your network and area so we can give you your symbol rate.

6. whacko99

whacko99 Member

Has anyone come across this, I checked through recent threads, no sign?

I used the UFL Max V Kuro3 10-04-2008 version to flash my Max V box, after uploading then downloading CDF file and restoring my programme settings.

I was then told the 18.04.08 version was better, so I installed this instead, and reloaded the CDF file, however I noticed that one or two movie channels had disappeared.

I carried out a Channel Update to restore these channels, however when the update was complete, instead of showing "Updating Channels,Please Wait" it read "Updating Channels and Autosorting"!

When it had finished, all my channels had reverted to an A-Z list!!

Rather than manually sort them again, and seeing as the next time I have to do an update it will do the same, I've gone back to the 10.04.08 version-fractionally slower but less hassle!!

Anyone else had this??

7. Rachel_D

Rachel_D Member

Could it be that easy??
    I'm in Dublin and the network is NTHELL
    TA

8. leopard16

leopard16 Member

Hi Scouser or whoever else may know.
    I have serial cable on order to do upgrade. I went to save file for eurovox 2008 upgrade (UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_18_04_08.zip) to save time but when I went to open it got msge, "this application may depend on other compressed files in this folder. For the application to run properly it is recommended that you first extract all files"
    wasnt sure what to do then so left it...could anyone advise from here or do I have to wait for cable to arrive & then hit run at this point ?

9. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

rachael do another flash and follow the guide shown in the link below, your symbol rate is 6887

10. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

you need to download winrar to extract the files, its free to download on this site

11. Rachel_D

Rachel_D Member

Has everyone gone out to watch the match???

12. Rachel_D

Rachel_D Member

Can't actually flash it myself got laptop with no connection for the nine pin cable, is there any other way??? By the way have another computer but it crashed a few weeks ago do you know how I can format it??
    TA

13. ughnessie

ughnessie Member

hey everyone...i need help please..
    i have a EURO-VOX MAX 08 and have tried all sorts of codes and providers but nothing seems to be working?? HELP?

14. Mashman

Mashman Member

Download the BigMAQ toolbar. Everything you need is on there.
    http://bigmaq.ourtoolbar.com/
    The latest keys are on there and the updates and fixes.

15. ughnessie

ughnessie Member

iv tried that and again nothin works?..i think my provider is ntl but iv also tried telewest and CW providers and codes?? still just says ''codes being updated''...anything else please..??

16. JodieLi

JodieLi Member

To all on this forum, thanks for all the help in getting my Eurovox up and running again. There are lots of pages taht I have read through to flash my box, and appreciate everyones time. Just like to, maybe, assist those amongst you who are unable to flash their boxes as they have only a laptop without a serial port, and purchased a USB to serial hoping that would do but, it did not work.

I should point out now that I am an electronic engineer by trade.

There are 2 main issues that cause the usb to serial adaptors not to work.
    1. The usb port needs to be set to use com1, com2, com3, or com4 for the flashing software to work. To sort or check this on Windows XP,
    go to control panel, preformance and maintenance, system, hardware, device manager, click on Ports + sign, and look for the usb device, right click and select properties. Port settings then advanced, then click on the com port tab to change to 1,2,3 or 4. remove and reinsert the usb lead.

2. Null serial cables use basically only 3 pins of the 9 on the plug. Pins 2, 3 and 5, but they are not wired pin to pin. But are actually 2~3, 3~2, 5~5. (I have stripped down my usb to serial lead (not reccomended) and rewired pins 2 and 3 oppositly, this then worked fine proving my point.). So if you have a usb plug with a lead and serial male plug on the other end, if you buy a standard female to female serial null cable you can plug the usb serial into it and then into your box, I can confrim my now works in this manner, and have flashed 3 voxes with no issues.

17. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

good info .. but i was fortunate the min i plugged the usb converter in it picked up the box straight away and the boxes it didnt i just changed the com port as you said and ive now done 50 boxes of all makes using the info off this site but will only do friends boxes cos i heard there are people going around charging 20 to 40 euro a box which i think is wrong 10 euro seems ok if your going out of your way for people .. and of those who are charging people to put the code back into peoples boxes shame on you

18. supersubb

supersubb Member

tewest code for birmingham pls,thanks in advance

19. linny40

linny40 Regular member

tempo2006

mmm soudns like you got something dodgy going on. Do you get those probs with he cable providers box plugged it. Maybe is a loose conenction.
    I have actually split my internet cable( same provider) so i could have a box upstairs - wasnt sure if it woudl work but even with internet on it works prefect no probs, my other 2 boxes are not spilt and all 3 work perfect. I am gonna split the downstairs tv cable so we can have one in the den.

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not strange at all as I would say you are in the UK and your settings are fine, the method described above is for Ireland as the EPG stream differs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.