1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Glad you found it amusing celtic..Not a bother scouser gonna do it tmro pity it's not for the older boxes too.

2. Ikkiayay

Ikkiayay Member

Hi

I am new to this so sorry if you dont know me

ourchesd a eurovox black 2007 few months back, all of a sudden i have lost all the channels such as E4 E4+1, all the sky etc only terrestrial working - tried re scanning but still same problem, can anyone help me out?

Any help I would be grateful for

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I think you mean a Red Eurovox if it is a 2007 model. Is emulation on? Press menu, press language settings type 1968 on remote and check.

4. Ikkiayay

Ikkiayay Member

5. Ikkiayay

Ikkiayay Member

6. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

8. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

9. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Yeah mate just realised i gave the wrong, simple mistake..

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes it is a simple mistake but nice of you to sort it out thanks for that as i said before we are not all perfect and we do tend to make mistakes at some point

11. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

As soon as i had posted the first reply i noticed it but nice to see somebody is awkake, i was still half asleep,just off shift..

12. barm

barm Regular member

Hi all
    I have a red box 2007 and black box 2008. Both have 15/03/07 software on them.Can i put latest software on black box 2008 and is there a better software for red box?
    Thanks in advance

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I would suggest people do not use the kuro software as the signal strength is far to high and when you go to rescan the box again your box will not pick up any channels at all so leave the current software on your box until they sort it out

14. barm

barm Regular member

Thanks fergus,
    I've discovered that!!!!!!When i do a powerscan i can only get first 5 transponders

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes reflash with other firmware and it will be ok

16. Chetna

Chetna Member

17. Chetna

Chetna Member

hi fergus sorry late getting back to you i done as you said with 2 boxes and they are now working fine thanks again bernie

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ferg its seems to be more of a problem in the UK with the new firmware as there are more transponders. If you use a 6 Db attenuator which can be bought for a quid it solves the problem.

Another way around it is to take a CDF pre flash, then clear channel info, flash with the Kuro image and then download your original CDF. Seems to be just an over compensation for weak tp areas.

19. barm

barm Regular member

Thanks Fergus i'll try that when i get home from work

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If people were to believe what Adrian Weckler wrote in an article in the Sunday Business Post yesterday, you would believe that the writing is on the wall for the Starview box.

He mentions how U** (new owners of N** and C*****) and Sly (which I find hard to believe) are growing increasingly concerned at the number of free digital boxes accessing their subscription based content. The reason I don’t believe Sly are getting concerned is that it’s a lot harder and more expensive to find something that works as easy as the box in terms of hacking the U** channels. He mentions that U** have been working hard recently on finding an alternative system to fend off these boxes, but it will be sometime before a workable solution will be released.

I’m sure the owners of UPC are very concerned at the minute with how easy people are finding it to access the channels, but they also seem to be aware that they will never prevent everyone from doing it. Apparently they aren’t after the odd enthusiast who trys to gain free TV. It’s the ordinary joe soap they are targeting now. Those that wouldn’t know where to turn if their boxes stopped working all of a sudden. In fairness to N**, the last few updates they made, had a big affect on joe soaps perception of the boxes. People I have spoke with now have the opinion that the starview boxes no longer work. So for me that was a successful campaign for N**.

Adrian also goes on to state that there is a misconception by people selling these boxes, that it is not illegal to do so. He even goes as far as mentioning the act that apparently proves that it is illegal to sell the boxes. Well in one way he is right and in another he is not. When you buy the starview boxes from the manufacturer, they aren’t able to automatically pick up the scrambled channels. You can’t even access a hidden menu to turn on the ability to do so. So it is up to the user to give the boxes the ability to “hack” the channels. They do this by downloading new firmware from the Internet, that allows them to turn on secret menu, which in turn allows them to turn on a key cracking functionality within the firmware.

In terms of U**’s attempt at bringing in a solution that will render the boxes useless, I’m personally unsure how successful this will be. Most encryptions used by TV companies have been hacked at this stage and anything new won’t take that long for the hackers to break. But in saying that, it’s not Mary down the road that’s going to have the knowledge to do this, it’s back to people in the know.

Anyway, I think Adrian should have done a bit more research into the starview and other boxes before making his assumptions surrounding it’s use. Even a few hours spent researching how they function would have made it a more informative article.

And so say all of us amen let this be an end to speculation and scaremongering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.