1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. marine101

marine101 Member

Hey can anyone help!! I was watching my eurovox(black)(have it about 6 months) and suddenly the channel knocked off and writing came up saying "Please contact retailer,do not try and fix etc" then it went snowy.Now it wont even turn back on for me.Is that my eurovox done?? Even though it wont turn back on can i still try putting the latest firmware on my eurovox when i recieve my null modem cable in the post? Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?? Thanks as usual lads!!

3. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

it needs jtaging (reprogramming)! check out jtag on this forum,you can get the cable/circut on ebay or here
    you'll also need loader software (skymax) or (jkeys) & the correct TSOP file to suite your box, all should be avalible on theis forum.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  4. sukib

sukib Member

Hello M8

You will need to istall the software that came with the RS232 to usb converter.

once you have done that, you will also need to assign com1 status via hardware manager.

5. marine101

marine101 Member

Thanks Lenny and sukib...I'll order the eurovox jtag(thanks for the link lenny)....I've looked through the forums and cant seem to find good info on the skymax/jkey thing.Unless i've missed it?! Is there any step-by-step guide about reprogramming it? Thanks for the help and advice

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

7. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

hows it going scouser just a quick question have done a load of max v 2008 boxes but was on another thread the last two days helping a person called mishy and he had a max v box that had digital terestial receiver under the digital and i was just curious cos all the boxes ive done had max v under the digital but he showed a picture and it was a max v alright and celtic confirmed aswell but now ive got a box here that says digital satellite receiver under the digital and the version was 2.00 not 2.10 so was just wondering are these just older versions of the max v cos the inside looks genuine so just making sure its not a clone but doubt it very much but just to be safe i thought i ask someone at the top of their game .. thanks

8. marine101

marine101 Member

9. evey

evey Member

Hi All,

This is my first time using this, I have the Eurovox Max V it just stopped working a few days ago and now just says channel not available, before this happened I had to put the codes in manually!! Can anyone help???

Thanks

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

sounds like your connections aren't secure check you coaxil cable is secure in the rf in on the box and check you scart lead is secure in your tv and your box(tv on box)

11. evey

evey Member

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply!! I have checked and both these cables are secure someone told me to do a powerscan it takes ages and then nothing happens!!

Any other ideas?

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

make sure you use the correct symbol rate for your aarea when you do a powerscan

13. evey

evey Member

I used the symbol rate 6.887 as thats the code our neihbour uses, their box is working fine and we have the same one!

This is driving me crazy, any other ideas???

thank you!!

14. karljd

karljd Regular member

is your normal tv ok without the box? also go to menu language settings press 1968 on your remote which will give you the hidden menu and check and see if your emulation is set to enable

15. evey

evey Member

Hi There,

Thanks again for writing back! Emulation is set to enable! I have just moved house and brought the box with me, I have never subscribed to NTL from this house, is it necessary to have NTL? I am wondering if the previous home owners have only just cancelled their NTL and that is reason for the box not working anymore!

It was fine until last week!

Thank you :)

16. karljd

karljd Regular member

lol thats it in a nutshell ring them up and ask them are you connected and if its still not working come back then and we'll sort you out the box will not work without an n@l connection and if your in the country sometimes it wont work if digital tv is not available in your area

17. evey

evey Member

Well I'm glad I gave you a laugh at least!!

Will do that! Thanks a mill for your help, enjoy your weekend!!

:)

18. karljd

karljd Regular member

no bother mate let me no how you get on

19. ydel

ydel Member

hi i got a laptop couldnt flash my box with a rs 232 lead so i got myself a rs232 null and a disc with it work great from ebay

20. MAXF17

MAXF17 Member

Hi guys hav a eurovox where can i get null cable in Limerick area thanks for all your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.