1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

quinnray

Make sure when scanning your symbol rate is set to 6875, If not start again,
    Press menu,
    config,
    clear data and clear channel data,
    press OK.
    Turn EV off and then back on.
    Press menu, installation, user installation.
    Do a factory default, start frequency at 274.000 and end at 460.000, press OK to start scan.

Look here,
    http://bytelive.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Chorus+Digital+Cable+Frequencies+and+Channels

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Karl quite surprised at your response as I would have filled you in. Reason I have not posted all info on an open forum is obvious. John if you understood you wouldnt question my post.

You folks should know me by now, BTW its a heads up and I didnt have to post anything.

3. malci

malci Guest

Sure that no offence what-so-ever was meant scOuser, it just looks to all intentions and purposes that a form of coded exchange is/was taking place, I am more than sure that no one is questioning your integrity after all we all look to you for reliable info, just that individuals get a feeling of being left out, personally I am pepared to wait and see, but pleased to see your comment heads up. :)

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thats all it was Malci and regards exchanging info with Celt, she has the same as all ;) Just wish people would understand that this site is not only monitored by us, but I will shut up for now and no more "heads up", as people just want to be told the ins and out and I have been asked to hold off for a bit, so what do I do.

Actually I was asked not to post but I believe everyone here on AD deserved at least a quick quote but now I think I should have done as asked.

5. annaville

annaville Member

does heads up mean that everything will be allright , excuse my lack of forum lingo.

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

My take on this whole situation is this,

Someone posted a concern relating to a possible rumour.

People started to speculate.

Sc0user posted to quell the situation as best he could at this point.

So reading between the lines I would imagine that there are more then the CC's at work in the background ;-)

When something concrete is available, the people here who really have their fingers on the pulse will find a means to bring us all up to speed.

We should just relax & enjoy the viewing for now & deal with "Whatever", "Whenever".

7. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

martino13

LOOK at what you started! Lol ;)

What will be will be! Until then who gives a S--t. :)

Lets get back to normal!

8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Delete the channels that are not working then do an autoscan or if you like with the freq below a manual scan, or clear all data and do a powerscan using your correct symbol rate,This should bring them back.

The freqs are in the link below.
    http://bytelive.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Chorus+Digital+Cable+Frequencies+and+Channels

9. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

No it means telling you in front of what might happen, (Keeping you in the know) So to speak. without giving "ENOUGH" away, Lol, ;)

10. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Point taken. However, I don't understand the hidden messges behind the posts. As I said I would normallly ignore these types of messages but because it was you who posted trhen I must take notice. But what do I take notice of????
    All you have done is dangle something in front of us and nothing more.
    Did you not expect people here to question your posts?
    I accept that there may be need for care here because of other situations and CC scanning the forum, but it would be better for you and others not to post ambiguous mails thus causing the stir it has.
    Nothing more meant by this other than just my opinion, this doesn't attack your integrity or assistance on this forum,just questions your timing and the need to keep private jokes or private posts to the PM section. You are indeed a valuable asset to the forum along with the others and some new very knowledgable contributors, and I am indebted to you on certain areas you helped me with.
    Cheers
    John

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  11. karljd

karljd Regular member

sc0ucer you have to realise when you post something like that as john has said people immediately sit up and take note,i just think you should have used the pm function if you didn't want anything in the open forum,any way i'm not going to on and on about this till i hear something concrete,besides i'll have creaky on me back,enjoy the sun.

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I really think this has been blown out of proportion all right scouser said a few things ok he might have jumped the gun but we need to understand what we are dealing with as he has said we don not know what or who is monitoring these sites so the less said on the subject the better as surprise is the key element in all wars and if you let the cat out of the bag to soon counter measures can be done so a little secrecy is what is needed and i am sure scouser did not mean to offend anyone when he thinks we need to know anything i am sure he will fill us in until then we just need to be patient and be happy with what we have at the moment as we dont really know how long the string is

13. quinnray

quinnray Member

HiTeck,

Thanks for the advice.
    I made some progress.
    I now have all channels listed.
    I can watch channel 1 (the national broadcaster), but when
    I try any other channel, it displays the message updating codes,
    as expected. But I've left this for 24hours with no change.
    My Signal strength/quality seems high so I don't think the presence
    of a splitte on the line is affecting things.
    Any ideas ?

BTW: WHen I do a factory reset the 6875 baud rate is not selectable.
    I can only enter it by manually adding channels.

Tia
    HD>

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Quinnray

What firmware do you have on your box if you are using a black 2008 model you need the 18/4/08 firmware if you are using red or blue you need the 21/4/08 firmware on your box all is freely available from the eko site ok

http://eko.4shared.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2008
  15. karljd

karljd Regular member

good point fergus we all no sc0ucer was not out to offend anyone,he called things the way he saw it,and at the end of the day he was trying to be helpful, as with all things in life we all do things differently,any way lets do as you say and enjoy what we have for the moment,any way i'm going up the village for a pint ;)

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yep nice one and have one for all of us as well inc scouser ya :)

17. karljd

karljd Regular member

of course how many members are there then?hic cheers fergus.

18. lukeb1981

lukeb1981 Member

Hey quick question, i have been buying eurovox boxes for myself and my family ,friends etc. off the net , i also had to flash them for them (pain in the arse)when the auto roll started happening ,some more mates want one , but is there any point getting one now or waiting a few weeks to see what happens ,like if its only goin to be a firmware change again, i can live with that even though it can be very time consuming, at the moment i just do a scan every morning to get back any stations that the frequency has been changed on, any advice would be welcome.

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers folks I was indeed just hinting at future plans without letting "the cat out of the bag". I have never once posted anything seen as scaremongering and the PM method doesn't work as everyone is entitled to open info/opinions here, so thats why I posted on the open forum.

Regards my ambiguity it was intentional, but if read between the lines was also not quite as hidden as it seems. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and as said there is time for more info, but only when the time is right.

Its not a matter of drip feeding info or a cloak and dagger methodology. Its an intentional way of releasing some info while work is been done in the background. Reason or how I get info is exactly because of the way I release it. Sometimes as I said a little info should be enough, the ins and out of how and why is what needs some clarity and then more info will be posted.

As Ferg said if too much info is released then things may accelerate and we need time. Hope everyone understands but I am on a leash until things are confirmed and I am able to post.

My method may seem strange but things come to those who wait :)

20. patwin

patwin Member

well said scouser as i said earlier lets enjoy the tv and what ever happens we will beat it with your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.