1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry it was Good Night by the time you came on :)

2. mark_eire

mark_eire Member

Alright Lads i've looked through a few forums for the answer to this question but they are dated back in 07 and don't fully answer my question

i used to live in dublin but since moved to the sticks (county meath) and only Ch****s provide cable in the area my Ev Max was working fine on N*L i updated it with the latest FW with no problems

The area has no underground cabling so i have a spastick Anthena on my roof the cable runs into a decoder box which from what i can grasp converts the signal to digital? there is then a scart cable running from the box into the TV (standard setup?). I've since hooked the cable into the RF port on the EV and also plugged the scart in the TV displays no signal as you would expect.

I reset the EV by selecting the factory defaults option and performed a rescan and as you have probably already guessed no channels i know its probaly somthing i'm doing wrong but whats confusing me is that on some post it says that the EV does not work in MMDS areas again i'm assuming that MMDS is the setup (Anthena/decoder) that i currenlty have can anybody shed some light on this?? i have the wife giving out cause i didn't go with S*y and pay for it....as if :)

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Works on N** MMDS not on Ch**us MMDS, you need a DVB-T type box for that, e.g, The Box T or the Eurovox TX plus more.

4. mark_eire

mark_eire Member

Thanks scouser i'll start looking for one is there a major difference with the configutation on the DVB-T boxes? Or should i be ok with all the software i have for the max V eg firmware etc?

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Different firmware, virtually the same to flash, have a look in Eamos at the end of my post. But you may also want to make sure that your area is Ch**us MMDS digital as some, (very few), areas are still analogue only. Do you have a subbed box and powerinserter supplied by the CC?

BTW maybe you can do a swap with another member who has bought a DVB T box instead of a DVB C box, (this has happened quite a bit). Although I would advertise you have a Max V for swap, I wouldn't use any contact details as it is against forum rules. If you do find someone to swap with, this can be done via private messages after first contact on the forum.

May save you a few bob ;)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  6. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Over the last few days in Swords I've notices a major signal drop on Ch**us. The box is working OK ( a few channels are breaking up a bit ) but all the other telly's in the house are absolutely brutal.
    Anyone else notice anything or should I ring the provider ( hate doing that )

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

There is work going on at the moment in some areas, so yep if you are subscribed no harm in a phone call.

8. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Thanks Scouser
    I'll do that--do you think they have to enter the house, if so I need to do a few things--splitter, box etc
    You know yourself !!!!!!

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes you would if they did enter, but doubt it. As some areas where down yesterday and other areas had disruptions to some TPs, so say you are in the same boat.

10. mark_eire

mark_eire Member

Yeah there is some sort of power block being used i already have the box sold crazy how quick it went since typing in the -TX in google i found a thread with all the answers apologies for multi posting the same q's on this thread thanks a mil for the help!!

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not a problem and good news ;)

12. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Thanks again
    I'll give them a call tomorrow

13. rielsn

rielsn Member

hi scouser i tried doing a power scan but only picking up one transponder when i start scan at 290 mhz and finish at 420 mhz but if i do a power scan from 100mhz to 800mhz i get 9 transponders why cant i get 13 tp i have a eurovox max 2008 box with new software downloaded im on nthell also i noticed in power scan it has 4 sections where i can put in symbol rate and a section where it says step my step is on 8 can you help please

14. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

15. rielsn

rielsn Member

iv tried those freq but the signal strenght goes down and the signal bar goes red any other ideas

16. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Have you tryed to download the CDF to your box linked above using your Null Modem cable or did you do it manually?

17. rielsn

rielsn Member

what is a cdf and i downloaded 18/4/08 with a null cable i done it weeks ago

18. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

CDF= Channel Dump Files.

You have downloaded the firmware which sorts the auto-update, the CDF linked above is a pre-configured channel set up for your area and provider.

Download the CDF and save it to your desktop.

Clear all your channels on your box then using the UFL you used to flash your box and your null modem cable connect your box to your PC, where it says browse click that then go to where you saved it "on your desktop". Then hit download. Will then look for ports com1,2,3,4 ect, when promted hit start, should only take a few seconds.

Give that a try.

[​IMG]

Once thats done unplug your box from your PC, plug it back into your tv/feed/scart ect,.go to SLY sports 1 and wait for the C@des to update.

19. Saisei

Saisei Member

Howdy folks. Have a EV07, and was living in dub with the box working fine. Had to update firmware etc when channels stopped working. Livin' in Kildare now and just can't get channels.

Tried doin' full scans and power scans and all that jazz on 6887 and 6875 but still can't get anything. Anyone have any ideas? Says 'channel not available' on the channel screens, and when try to update channels it says no transponder available or something.

Muchos thanks

20. rielsn

rielsn Member

iv indows vista it wont let me poen file when its on desktop have you any ideas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.