1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Means you are missing a transponder or two or are you on an MMDS feed?

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

For your area try symbol rate 6952 also, but do a factory reset first.

3. linny40

linny40 Regular member

IM in the UK and find that if for some reason chnnels disappear we do a channel update or if that dont work a power scan and those that are missing will come back on. thats on the EV box on the SV box i judt delete and manually add the missing channel whoich usually works to

But it does seem to be mainly people in the dublin area that are still suffering all these months down the line.
    IVe also never had to chance my symbol rate here in the UK i think the SP's are just aiming these problems in ireland, so good luck guys n gals

4. MAXF17

MAXF17 Member

Hi guys iwas missing some channels did a scan channels back some channels are listed twice how do i delete them any help

5. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

Hi linny ,
    I have probs in cork On C****s Cable but never had to change Symbol rates. I do notice some things lateley though...

1.PPV (Movies)is now being blocked after the usual 10 min intro
    when i Checked other Pay to Views (Adult) 2 of these were Blocked (Sound No Pic) 'insert Card' on screen.
    I suppose this means They are fully blocked to All - unless someone subscribes to them ??

2.Film four is Off air if someone on C****s Proper can confirm if this is still on their channel line up that would be good.

3. the signal strenght is all over the place each transponder different from 74% to 92% all still working they were all constant around 86%
    Any one else notice anything? By the way the St.view Super and the Evox 08 have the same issues at the moment.

4.I did A full Scan and TP. 444.00 was not found but worked when i put it in manually dont know why it wasn't found and all the others were?

6. marcasg

marcasg Member

Takagi

Exact same noted on EV N*L Dublin

M

7. linny40

linny40 Regular member

you guys over there atart at different Freqs to what we have here in the UK. But if youve lost it on more n 1 box its something to do with your area SP's I cant remember at what freq you should start and end at but take a look on scoucers sig i think and see EAMOS library that may have info on on your particular area and SP
    Sorry not been around for a week or so and missed out on exactly whats been going on so sorry if ive repeated what anyone else has already suggested guys.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

There is a lot of work going on in your neck of the woods due to the total migration to digital only in Cork. Delete your problem channels and then do an autoscan and yes it is happening elsewhere.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

Yeah I thought something was up espesially when the TP strenght goes mad - It doesn't usually mean good news thats for Sure !

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

True but as said a delete the problem channels and rescan should do the trick. The PPV channel is another story ;)

BTW have you tried 452.000 and 460.000 on a manual scan just to see what you may or may not get?

11. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

Thanks i will try them later when im home but i Did scan to 500.00
    -i will let you know

Oh btw i started the scan on a new box with no previous data so i thought that would be the same as deleting etc. ..

but i will try it anyway

thanks again

12. rozesky

rozesky Member

done the 6952 aswell?
    when I do Ascan using 6887 some of the quality bar goes upto 93%- 96%(green)on some frequentcies.but still comes up quality 8% when finished scanning. should I try an earlier version of the firmware.

13. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

rozesky

Have you got any tps showing at all after scaning with first 6887 + 6952, do any of the channels work whatsoever.
    Also has this only come about after putting the new firmware on or is this a new box, ie.. has it ever worked before whilst you owned it?

14. rozesky

rozesky Member

Hiteck
    it's a new box that came with no software installed. there's no tps showing after I scan. I downloaded cdf (teeside) is there away that I can check to see if the line feed is live.when I go through the channels I've loaded from the cdf it says no signal looks like the cable might be damaged out side.arrr so looks like I might have to take ntells basic package out.dam dam.
    great thread though been very usfull.

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if there is no software on the box you need to flash the box first then you scan for the channels

16. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I take it you have an eurovox max V as you stated you have put the 28-04-08 firmware on it.
    is this your box?

[​IMG]

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if you have a new box the 28/4/08 is only for the older boxes that suffered from the 8% problem if your box is new your box should not have that problem as they have sorted the tuners out on the boxes if you signal strength is to high you will have that problem as well as a strong signal is as bad as having a weak on as well

18. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

removed

19. rozesky

rozesky Member

Hiteck
    it's a new box that came with no software installed. there's no tps showing after I scan. I downloaded cdf (teeside) and it said no signal. is there away that I can check to see if the line feed is live.[/quote]

I take it you have an eurovox max V as you stated you have put the 28-04-08 firmware on it.
    is this your box?

[​IMG][/quote]

Hiteck
    yes thats the box I've got, only got it on tuesday. which firmware do I use. As I'm confused? 18/04/08 or 28/04/08.
    roz

20. karljd

karljd Regular member

use the 18/04 firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.