1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karljd

karljd Regular member

evening des just in for a quick nose want to watch the footie

2. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

You know me guys, I hate all the rumours that spread on this site...but this happened to the wifes cousin in Glasnevin about two weeks ago. She said the guy was quite aggressive about getting in and setting up a free box. Could be a scam to gain entry but she said he had ID, not starting any stories here but it did happen to her.

3. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

It happened in Castleknock. Yeah i have to admit its been great, its been very quiet this is my first time on in months hope it stays this way :)

4. DesB

DesB Regular member

Jaysus John "setting up a free box." I would still tell them to go to NT...hell, if I say no at the door I mean no! ID or not!

5. karljd

karljd Regular member

what do you mean setting up a free box i allready have 4 lol,only joking but dosn't it seem strange that there have only been a couple of reports,why pick on 1 or 2 people?

6. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Not sure whats going on but I am being honest... she was a bit freaked since the guy seemed not to want to take no for an answer. She ended up slowly closing the door on him. It may well be an attempt to get into your house and rob you but nobody should ever cold call from NT Hell so never let anyone in... this should be pointed out to any older people you know...just to be safe.
    I am not a rumour monger so I would not have out this on here wihtout some evidence.
    I dont believe it was NT Hell but who knows...maybe the all knowing sc0user might shed a bit of light on this.

Be carful out there

7. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

knackers have been chancing their arm around castleknock/navan rd/ashtown area for some weeks know, looking to get into gaffs, stories vary from we're here to check the water, gas and pipe tv as the call it.
    one old lady I know was taken for over 2k,...skumbags. in fairness NTHELL will always pre phone to arange a suitable time.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  8. DesB

DesB Regular member

Nice one!!! I thought as much...Panic over!!

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

nice 1 des what about the poor old women!

10. DesB

DesB Regular member

Oh wouldnt you love to meet them ( the Knackers) on the way back to Dunsink lane!!
    I know if it was my mother.....

11. linny40

linny40 Regular member

ok guys dunno if this will help you but VM as they are now and nthell dontactually exist any more as far as i know. They never cold call - or thats what they told me a few years ago. They will ring you 1st on your land line or mobile and they NEVER just call roundto check - coz apparently it costs money and we know they are lazy so and sos. Plus if they were sorting out new boxes they would advertise it on thier website like everything that Richard branson does
    So my advise is if anyone knocks on your door you DO NOT have to answer it but ask for ID to be posted via the letterbox and contact the police- or even the company it may look geniune, but we call all make fake id's if we want to we all have pcs and printers.
    Plus they should have a VM van outside and a VM uniform on. Cold calling i think is a no no with most companies for reasons of security . IF they wont give you the id unless you open the door then they are NOT genuine

hope this has helped some of you that may be scared. Plus lets be fair how the nt -hell do they know what services you do and dont have complete twaddle lol! plus what about paperwork substanciation there reason for being there! Even if you ring them to ask them to take your old box away they haveto have paperwork that you sign - coz i did when they took 1 of my boxes away

sorry for spelling mistakes guys - no spell checker on here and was typing quick

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

still n@l over here well actually n@l & ch@rus under the parent company of u@c no sign of branson over here yet.

13. barm

barm Regular member

I saw a hot air balloon last night!Could that be him?? :)

14. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

if it was plummiting towards the ground then yes.

15. linny40

linny40 Regular member

oh ok thought he owned everything.so it must just be the UK side of n£l that he owns then, think they also took over most of the other cable companies like C&W & telepest
    mind you didnt C&W get bought out by various other companies years ago i remember as far back as C&W bell cable then n£l then VM lol

thats how long id been a sucker for

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

17. linny40

linny40 Regular member

There ya go peeps sc0user to the rescue!
    the newer boxes were so good in 2 years i think i had to have them replaced a few times lol! mind you cant remember what make they were but i know at least 1 of them i had to re set aobut 2-3 times a week - all that money and it was poo lol! at least now even with the probs weve had over he last few months i have not had to update it 1/2 as regular

18. atoize16

atoize16 Member

hi guys,thats true ntl rang us before hand b4 they come in and change our box.they said its much better than the old one.but i cant see the diffirence.there is one guy was caught in tallaght ,he was so stupd to show his eurovox to the ntl guy.so he was finr 1000 euro and 3 days imprisonment.

19. barm

barm Regular member

20. DesB

DesB Regular member

This is getting better, One Guy in Tallaght....... I dont think so, Do you know this person yourself? I think you are been wound up!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.