1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leopard16

leopard16 Member

Thanks for the clarification, was hoping not to have to flash the eurovox again so soon

2. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Hey Des - leave that other thing with me & I'll get back on to you. Thanks for chasing it up tho - will be in touch. Times are hard etc etc etc :)

3. linny40

linny40 Regular member

You certainly have ................you didnt mention old aunt Mable lol!

4. apollo440

apollo440 Member

5. maxa38o

maxa38o Member

Sorry Guys,and Girls. Having problems again!!!. i dont seem to get a stable signal,fine for 1 minute then drops then fine again, it seems to upset the box. if i install the latest firmware 18.04.08 its fine for a while then there is the same problem which when i reflash the box its ok. does any one have to keep reflashing the box to keep it working??

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

go to a channel and press the info button twice and tell me what your signal strength is thanks

Also have you checked your connections that they are in the corect position RF in also check the ends of the cable for frayed or loose connections as well

7. maxa38o

maxa38o Member

Hi Fergusrb. 80-83% all connections are fine, it just seems to fail after a short time the picture breaks up

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

it is possible that your signal strength is to high you might need an attenuator on your cable maybe a 8db one that might help

Did you check all the ends of the cables as well for loose connections also that the outer core is not touching the main core inside this will also cause this problem

9. maxa38o

maxa38o Member

Thanks for the advise. i let you know if it works

10. maxa38o

maxa38o Member

Konig SAT-ATT20-KN Variable Satellite Attenuator. can i use this to try to reduce signal ??????

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As per Ferg's advice your signal "quality" is fine but as you have a difference in signal level that may be your problem. Yes the variable booster will work as it has a manual slope control and as such you can adjust it, you dont really want to go below 80%. It will work down to approximately 75% but signal will deteriorate, 85% is optimum but dependent on CC feed.

You may already have a tap installed by the CC to try and balance your signal. Try the booster/attenuator and see what the outcome is.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  12. deyoung69

deyoung69 Guest

Hi guys ( I am a newbie here)

Need sone help with my newly purchased Euro-V Max5.black

The prob with euro-v is it does not let me in the system to change the codes.
    I have tried menu-ok-19681968 and even menu/yellow button...

Is this bc I have not changed the firmware or something ?

The one that was downloaded says "dn-official_20-06-07_black"
    SYSTEM IFNO READS - "1.0 STC4 JUN 20 2007 / V001"

Powerscan does manage to get a list of channels but I get message "insert smart card"

Pls help.
    Thank you

Ps - is there a way to go back to this firmware after I downlaod the new ones and they dont work and I decide to give the box back?
    Is this box better than starview?

13. linny40

linny40 Regular member

Soudsn like your firmware is out of date. there was new firmware made and is on here somewhere dated April 2008
    IF oyu look on oen of the siggys - try Sc0ucers you will see EAMO's Library and i think all firmwares etc are in there.
    But if its a new box then i thought they had all been sorted before they wre shipped out- but i suppose it depends on who and where you got it from. Have you contacted your supplier to ask if it had uptodate firmware on ??

14. deyoung69

deyoung69 Guest

thank you for your reply Linny.

I bought it from e-bay and am not sure if they do this kind of stuff.
    i found the new firmware online but will that let me get into the system and change the codes?

Do you have to change codes in the Euro-V like you have to with sttrar vieew box?.... bc the 1968 stuff does not do anything.

cheers

15. malci

malci Guest

The box's are not supplied with modified firmware to obtain freeviewing of subscription channels for obvious legal reasons, you will need to go to Eamo's FTA library at the bottom of my post and flash the box with this file UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_18_04_08.zip and yes it will let you do that, but when you set it up after flashing with that firmware, you will not have to enter any of the obvious, it will auto-update for you.

16. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

i got a box to do my dads friend in the pub he drinks in. its a clone eurovox thats scrambled and i said i'd fix it for him. he just found out he has cancer and now can't leave his house could anyone tell me how to do this as i'd really like to do it for him asap. any help would be great

17. sportyguy

sportyguy Member

Hi all , just a quick query. My max-V 2008 box was flashed with Kuro-3 10-04-08 and all worked ok for a while. However lately some , but not all, channels break up and pixilate occasionally. Do I need to flash with any of the later versions to improve reception. All sig strength is between 83-85%. Thanks in advance

18. deyoung69

deyoung69 Guest

thank you Malci,

I probably works...so far I manually added one freq 706,750 and got a few ones going.

(I had accidently deleted all freq..I dont know how) Guess I will have to manually enter all freq to get the whole lot

cheers

If there is an easy way to find out/scan for the freq pls let me know.

19. bumnut

bumnut Guest

hi can anyone help my remote for the eurovox max v has frozen it will not change channel, sound or let me into the menu

20. deyoung69

deyoung69 Guest

thank you everyone who has helped.

you guys are fab
    all the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.