1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linny40

linny40 Regular member

there ya go so you have made some kids day then! IVe just now got to wait for my hubby to drill the hole in the wall ( been promising since March) so my lad can have one is his room - save me having to keep listeing to rap vids lol!

2. sportyguy

sportyguy Member

Hi again all, would anyone be kind enough to offer sum advice on the above. Many Thanks

3. linny40

linny40 Regular member

depends on what area you are in - if your in Ireland think there have been a few probs but check out some of the siggys they have the relevent threads in there thay have ll the ffirmaware and info you need.
    Check out the 2 members below's siggys for firmware ect.
    Hope this helps
    Linny

HiTeck
    karljd

4. linny40

linny40 Regular member

PM sent!

5. danger321

danger321 Member

hi, i have eurovox max v 2008 (black) i updated it with the frimware to solve the 8% problem, however i still have the same problem with many of the channels, i have noticed that this occurs with the channels that have quality and strength of 69%, is there any new firmware to improve the signal and quality or what can i do to improve them.

thanks

6. karljd

karljd Regular member

no thats the latest firmware did you try a signal booster?

7. danger321

danger321 Member

thanks for the reply karljd, i havn't tried a signal booster yet, i remember reading on forum that a splitter would cause such problems, is this true?? As i have a three way splitter that was installed by VM.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  8. karljd

karljd Regular member

yes if the signal is a bit weak in your area a three way splitter would certainly have that affect,not that up to date with vm why would they just not install extra feeds?

9. danger321

danger321 Member

what is the best signal quality for the eurovox, becasue the channels around 75% do not have this problem, can u give me any advice on which signal booster to buy.

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

11. malci

malci Guest

From my experience 80% is optimum, above that you will start to have niggling problems, to high a signal strength is as bad as to low - as karl has said, how come VM put a three way splitter in and why?

12. DesB

DesB Regular member

Evening Malci.... No sign of our mutual friend since LOL

13. malci

malci Guest

Evening Des, nope he seems to have done a runner LOL

14. linny40

linny40 Regular member

I have got one of my SV boxes on a splitter i split my internet cable and it sometimes give me lots of probs with signal and i loose channels, If i turn the pc off i get a better signal. Mind you on saying that sometimes it also affects my broadband because its split - like cant get msn and think thats due to the broadband signal being split - even when the tv and box are not on
    When vm put mine in they gave a seperate line for each box and broadband- no splitters, seems strange- must have been the lazy engineer that decided to do it. Any splitting will upset your signal now and again

15. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Need some help guys.. woke up this morn to 'service unknown' on the screen fro euro vox v 2008.. I tried a manual scan as this has worked before but no joy, so then i did a full scan and all 13 TP are coming up but the actuall channels are not showing.. chanel not currently available is what's showing, any suggestions??

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  16. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Please ignore the above post, it came back on itself.. Just a little panic as never happened before.. sorry again..

17. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Hi guys i also have been having probs last few days have red 2007 have latest f/w 21-04-08 had no prob since end of april when sCouser sorted it for me, when i turn on all is good for 10 min then glitching then all goes off differant boxes no signal or service unknown signal strength dropping from 70s down to 8% done rescan /also fact. reset got a sig booster thats working cos got a st/view upstairs working ok any you guys got any ideas wot it could be doin my head in a bit now ( know how you guys like a challenge ) he he he im in t/w area anyone else having probs ???? hope you can help thanks

18. edscape

edscape Member

Hi guys. I am trying to flash my Black Eurovox MaxV 2008. When I press "DOWNLOAD" on the UFL screen it goes to a "save as menu" so it looks as if it's not recognising or picking up the signal from the box. I flashed my Starview using the same pc a while ago and it went fine. Any ideas.

19. keno7

keno7 Member

hi all, new to this but have followed it for a while now, pleased to say i am a eurovox owner and all is good, i downloaded the new software yesterday and it worked fine. i have a question tough i can currently only get 94 channels, thats 9 tps, i live in the west of ireland is this normal for the area or can i get more, keep up the good work

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  20. karljd

karljd Regular member

make sure your pressing the top download button and not the bottom one as thats for channel data files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.