1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bosco81

bosco81 Guest

Will do ,will let you know asap.thx fergusb

2. Hugew

Hugew Member

Cheers barm, i thought there was some way i could get it to work via my laptop.. so does it work on NTHell and Ch---s only? what about sky? Cheers

3. filbur

filbur Member

hi lads is anyone having problems with the eurovox at the moment,my one seems to be having a lot of interference in it at the moment sky prem and a couple of others keep breaking up all the time in the limerick area and on the ch***s network

4. dublinman

dublinman Member

Hi,

On my Eurovox 2008 V my RTE1,RTE2 and BBC1 in particular keep on breaking up partially, OK one second and the next second the picture is breaking up and then maybe OK for a minute.
    Does anyone think that this is a weak signal problem needing a booster or is there something else afoot? I recently bought a new 1080P 40 inch Samsung series 6 TV and it seems to have only started since that. Maybe a coinciedence?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

5. filbur

filbur Member

i dont think it is the tv i was begining to think its the crappy weather we are having

6. Billyh335

Billyh335 Member

Anyone got the codes for Telewest??

7. dublinman

dublinman Member

Hi,

I just found this on another site (I'm sure they wont mind me copy and pasting it) but it might help me and any others with the same problem. I will check it out again tonight.

"i have a black eurovox maxv 2008 and i have had the lastest firmware installed but have had issues since getting box with the signal dropping off or the picture pixelating about every 60 seconds or so if the box as been left on for 24 hours or more the drop offs are less frequent i have tried a signal booster but this has not helped new cables and connectors still no improvment and the only reply i have had is that its not the box its your signal yet it work perfectly with my normal virgin box

the picture is perfect and as improved with the new firmware but the above problem is driving me mad helppppppppppp please

ANSWER:
    The Eurovox is a lot more sensitive than a set top box regarding signal peoblems,and it doesnt take much for it to start pixelating,especially on the Sports and Movie channels ......I have recently had this problem myself and it was driving me mad too because before this started happening the box behaved perfectly...yesterday I decided to try a power scan (again) to see if this would sort it out,so I connected the box directly to the incoming feed cable,no splitters or anything in the way,an lo and behold,the pixelating stopped on all involved channels so now I knew that I had a poor connection somewhere....as the box is in a different room to the feed I knew there was a couple, and thats what it turned out to be although the connection looked and felt OK removing the connection stopped the problem and the box is back to being ok again ...so what Im saying is connect your box directly to the feed and if its ok then its something in between that and the box ...."

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You are not allowed to ask for them on here any longer update your box and you wont have to keep looking for them

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

And what is the moral of the story read back over the posts and you will see what everyone is being told DO NOT USE A SPLITTER ON YOUR INCOMING CABLE FEED so know you know and hopefully people will take heed LOL :)

10. kpars1

kpars1 Member

Hi.
    My Eurovox has stopped working today 'Codes being updated...' but they aren't.
    The usual place I find codes for Eurovox hasn't been updated, so if anyone has them, can they post here please?
    If it's ok?

11. dublinman

dublinman Member

Thanks Fergus:)

12. kpars1

kpars1 Member

I am using Telepest 5A 01 btw.

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

PLEASE STOP REQUESTING CODES HERE

They are no longer allowed update your box and you wont be having that problem all the information is on here should you care to read back over the posts

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  14. kpars1

kpars1 Member

Would you please explain how here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/678791

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  16. filbur

filbur Member

thanks Dublinman wiil try it tonight

17. nd226

nd226 Member

hi guys,

i have accidently deleted my telewest 01 code line. i can only see the telewest 00 section. Im have found the latest code but as i have deleted the telewest 01 section i can not enter the codes.

Please can someone help. do i need to re-program the box? if so i have not done this before.

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You can get the other line back by pressing the default key, howerever better off updating.

19. fran3251

fran3251 Member

Please can anyone help just got a new lap working on windows vista and cant get the usb null modem cable to config can anyone guide me in the right direction please its very different to windows 2000 if anyone has done it recently it would be appreciated

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you loaded the device driver for the USB adapter and is it Vista ready?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.