1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Whats your general location and who is the provider?

2. malci

malci Guest

What firmware version are you using?[/quote]

sorry am new at this what is firmware[/quote]

Menu and across to Config, down to System Information and press OK and post what it say's, but it would seem that you are well out of date, if you are not familiar with Firmware.[/quote]
    It says model dvb-xc box
    s/w ver 1.0 ssc4 oct 20 2006
    h/w 2.0 oct 20 2006
    bootstrap v001
    website ----[/quote]

Well the firmware is well out of date, you need to update it, do you know what model you have - from the information it will be a Blue box 2006 box === Blue 2007 box === Red 2008 box === Black - these are the models - also there is old models 1 and 2. could be one of these, or a blue clone.
    If you gave us a description of the box properly then we can help for starters what colour is the box - is it all black with siver front on it or is it all silver that would be a nice start then we could figure out what we are dealing with post your reply when you get back on and someone will help you easy enough you could have EV 1 or 2 but then again it could be a blue box (2006) or even a blue clone your is obviously 2006 judging by the firmware version posted - then it goes red box (2007) check out at the link and see if you can recignise your model, genuine or clone >>
    http://www.freewebs.com/tempfix/redorblue.htm

3. kpars1

kpars1 Member

Sorry, but I will leave it for someone else to.

I just can't :'(

Goodbye for now...

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK I will have someone do it for you.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

6. Geo84

Geo84 Member

Hey guys wonder if yous could help please.

Been putting the codes in manualy to my eurovox and its been working fine for the last couple of months, but last nyt when i put them in it was still coming up "searching for signal". Do you think my box is finally broken? I'm still getting some basic channels on it though.

7. maddaff

maddaff Member

sorry am new at this what is firmware[/quote]

Menu and across to Config, down to System Information and press OK and post what it say's, but it would seem that you are well out of date, if you are not familiar with Firmware.[/quote]
    It says model dvb-xc box
    s/w ver 1.0 ssc4 oct 20 2006
    h/w 2.0 oct 20 2006
    bootstrap v001
    website ----[/quote]

Well the firmware is well out of date, you need to update it, do you know what model you have - from the information it will be a Blue box 2006 box === Blue 2007 box === Red 2008 box === Black - these are the models - also there is old models 1 and 2. could be one of these, or a blue clone.
    If you gave us a description of the box properly then we can help for starters what colour is the box - is it all black with siver front on it or is it all silver that would be a nice start then we could figure out what we are dealing with post your reply when you get back on and someone will help you easy enough you could have EV 1 or 2 but then again it could be a blue box (2006) or even a blue clone your is obviously 2006 judging by the firmware version posted - then it goes red box (2007) check out at the link and see if you can recignise your model, genuine or clone >>
    http://www.freewebs.com/tempfix/redorblue.htm[/quote]
    it is a black box with a silver front

8. barm

barm Regular member

Just don't put them into favorites.Looks like they're gone but you can access them thru channel manager!

9. nd226

nd226 Member

Hi guys,

Is anyone having problem with the latest code for telewest? I have entered the codes in from bigmaq toolbar and it is still showing code being updated.. This is the first time it has happened. I have double check the codes and it is all correct.

Help.

10. smileydog

smileydog Member

i got the same problems here mate

11. Geo84

Geo84 Member

as do I

12. jjspine

jjspine Regular member

Hey scouser

sorry bout the delay

im on n*l Dublin Mate

You come across the problem before ?

13. nazarath

nazarath Member

Scouse, how are ya mate? hope all well..
    right, i opened my box right up and figured it is a clone,a blue clone as the trans thingy went 12 vents on the top...i downloaded the clone software, used the boot thing, connected the null modem, and downloaded to box. it downloaded, (approx 1 min) then said 'writing' (took about 2 mins) it then finished by saying successful.
    I went back to my tv, cleared all data from the box, and searched all channels again. It has started working, and i did not need to enter the code...can i assume we are up and running, or is there anything else i must do to complete the procedure...????? thanks geeza

14. nd226

nd226 Member

Hi Guys

Is this the correct null cable?

DB9 Female DB9F 9pin RS232 Serial Null Modem 2m Cable
    From ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DB9-Female-DB...hash=item180262305422&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

I reason why i am asking is that i saw a post from a member saying there is two different type.

Update: I just googled that part number you quoted and it would appear to be a regular serial cable and NOT a null modem, so now you know what your problem is.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L68BT&DOY=5m4 is what you have.

This is what you need: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu...0modem&doy=17m4

Please can anyone confirm if the cable from the ebay link is the correct one. Thanks

15. nazarath

nazarath Member

Yeh, that looks right....eurovox box..

16. trader00

trader00 Member

can any 1 help me i have eurovox max and in live in washington tyne and wear i have downloaded the bigmaq tool bar and when i enter the keys in to my box it stil does not work keeps saying codes being updated is there ah difrent code i need for sunderland ntl virgenmedia?..

17. smileydog

smileydog Member

codes just came through on bigmac up and running again

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No not if you have a live feed and are connected form the direct feed into the Cable In RF socket. There is an updated CDF in Eamos if you want to try that.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  19. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Is there any benifit in uploading the latest CDF
    I'm working well at the moment ???

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Unfortunately the one I have is for NT* you are Ch**us. We could do with your CDF :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.