1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juc

juc Regular member

does anyone know if the new Arsenal channel is on setanta sports yet?

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not yet supposed to be December but may be pushed out to the New Year.

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds more like a VM problem than a box problem if your neighbours also have the same problem, so is either a weak signal or too strong.

4. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

But my other box and the normal n*l is working perfect when the other one is jumping so how could it be a signal problem?

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry didnt read your post correctly. Do your neighbours also have MaxVs with the latest Kuro firmware?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  6. honners

honners Member

Hi there - I have a 2008 box, downstairs, Sep 6th firmware all working perfectly. Got some more boxes for me and friends - looks like they have a firmware dated 29/10 (looks fantastic). Put my box upstairs, and it only picks up 90 channels - things like BBC2, UTV, Sky SPorts 1, Sky sports news all missing....I've scanned again - still no luck - can anyone help? (desperately needed, cos I send the wife upstairs when the football is on) - cheers. In Dublin on N*L

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Try it with a booster. Also check all your connections/cable are good.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  8. honners

honners Member

yeah - was wondering if it was signal - any recommended booster, or just anything the local shop sells? Thanks

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just try a cheap one at first from the likes of Maplins or Argos, if the problem persists then you may need to look at upgrading the cable to something like CT100 with a better booster. Could also be the splitter make sure you use a correct one. You say you have the latest update on the boxes have you activated the booster on the box itself?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  10. honners

honners Member

Thanks Scouser - sorry - didn'y know I could activate one on the box....how? Thanks for the help !

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem: If you have the latest firmware you will find it.

Go to Menu /Config / Settings / Last option

Default Settings Off

Switch On/ Save & Exit

It may help.

12. honners

honners Member

magic - thanks again - will try tonight, if not will buy a signal booster - cheers.

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Best of luck with it.

14. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Yes Scouser that's wot annoys me and it's strange that the older one is perfect.Why would the code be only updating on the new one?? Is this possible?

15. gttdi

gttdi Regular member

i have the same problem as nedser,all the channels are fine when i first switch it on then quility levels gradually drop, it starts at the high freq. first 402,394 and then they lose signal and scrammble i have the 2007 model downstairs and it works fine anyone any solutions.

16. honners

honners Member

Hey scouser - turning on the booster got me a few channels like BBC, sky 1 and 2, so thanks for thar, Still not got them all though, so will try buying a booster. Thanks for the help. Also your post on the time ssue in the other thread sorted me on my new box this morning - magic. Thanks again.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem. May not be enough for you so a booster may help also check all your connection. What signal strength are you getting on frequencies, press info twice will tell you, but better to have a look at all frequencies. Press menu, installation, user installation and have a look at your TS list there, what signal strength do you get on each one?

18. barm

barm Regular member

Hi all
    Could somebody explain the differences between Kuro and Beta, and which is better.I did read through a few different posts but still a bit confused.(Which is most of the time)

19. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Basically Kuro is the Brand or author of the software & if it includes the word beta it means it is a release that is put out for testing purposes.

When a software is released for general use it has been beta tested by a group of chosen testers & has been signed off as been fully functional (Bug Free) but while "Beta" is still attached to the title it is under test & is only to be used without any guarantees & at users own risk.

It's a means used by programmers to have multiple users help in the testing of their latest creation in order to identify any potential problems or lack of stability that will only surface under extended use.

20. gttdi

gttdi Regular member

i have the same problem as nedser,all the channels are fine when i first switch it on then quility levels gradually drop, it starts at the high freq. first 402,394 and then they lose signal and scrammble i have the 2007 model downstairs and it works fine anyone any solutions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.