1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Hi sc0user had the box on direct feed all day and all working fine .......i take it that means its the splitter ? ........but cant understand why the starview works ok off it.... does it work off a lower signal its a bit confusing to someone that dont know ( but if you dont ask ha ha )

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep looks like a dodgy splitter or cable/connection. The Starview I presume was at the incoming feed and the Eurovox was at the end of the extended feed via the splitter?

3. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Thanks sc0user as always on the ball........it was the other way round the starview was the furthest away from the feed and splitter thats why i was confused the starview worked off both the up and down connections off the splitter wierd .

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Strange indeed, I know 2007 models have a weaker tuner. Now just leave them as they are, problem solved :)

5. DundeeMan

DundeeMan Guest

thanks sc0user. so all i need to buy is a Radial Electrolytic Capacitors part No VH50, is that all i need to say to them when i go in to buy it, will the man know what i mean. ta

6. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

I will get a new splitter at the w/e and try that thx again m8 for your help will post and let you all know if it works

7. usirname

usirname Member

hi, ok its not a big deal but over the last couple of months when i flick to different channels quite often it will say no signal and then a couple of seconds later the channel will appear. Is this happening with everyone or is there anything i can do. I live in dublin on upz! I have the latest firmware and am getting a signal strenght of 81-83%. Any advice would be appreciated

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

@ Dundeeman,Thats it although depends on who you get sometimes, but thats all the info you need. Also as said when replacing it do so with due care. Also make sure polarity is maintained, you will see a white line on the board and the cap, match them up. Basically make sure to put it back exaclty the way it came out.

On another note you may have to update the firmware as you havent used it in quite a while, drop back when you get to that stage as there are some very good guides on firmware updates here.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are you still posting from your mobile :) What firmware version are you running and have your checked all your connections. Signal strength is fine.

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No bother Tony, best of luck.

11. damienc

damienc Member

Hi thankyou for that i have ordered a Jtag kit hope this solves the problem, thankyou and Karl for all the help

12. usirname

usirname Member

No on the laptop now! I'm using the newest one (1.0 STC4 Apr 21 2008), double checked all the connections and their fine. It seems like it takes the box longer to unscramble them, could it be that they are edging towards blocking the boxes?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not going to answer that age old question. But if you press menu, type 1968 once and enable EMM capture, type 1968 again and then press the default key button. Exit all the way out and put it on Sly Sports and let it update.

This sometimes clears this symptom up, but it could also be your position from the street cab or a weak tuner. Do you have a 2006 or a 2007 model?

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem drop back and let us knowhow you get on.

15. DundeeMan

DundeeMan Guest

ok sc0user, will go and buy the bit for it, but if im not sure if im doing it right i will just give you a shout buddy. thanks mate

16. usirname

usirname Member

I've got the 2007 model, just tried that there and hopefully all goes well, still updating. How do you know so much about these, you seem to know them inside out!

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

@ Dundeeman,No problem for 50p and a few minutes work = new box :)

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Lots of spare time when I was younger :) 2007 models have a weaker tuner.

19. usirname

usirname Member

Not sure if that made any difference but I just realised i had the upz cable going into my stb first and then a cable from that to the eurobox, so i swapped it around and seems to have solved the problem. Is there any harm in doing this or will any updates mess up my box as they have to go through the box

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just use a splitter between the two. That way your subbed box will take updates and you have the benefit of both boxes. Going through the loopout of the subbed box may have caused your problem alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.