1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barm

barm Regular member

Thank you gman496!!
    Much appreciated

2. galway77

galway77 Member

Hey, I've got a euro vox max v which worked perfectly up until now - I lost the signal for all channels and after trying everything I reset it back to factory settings now I've got nothing at all !!! Does anyone know how to reprogramme the channels? Please help. Erik

3. gman496

gman496 Regular member

SCANNING YOUR EUROVOX

First time after flashing the unit : “Press OK for Scan” will probably be displayed.

If it’s not (or you are re-scanning to pick up new/lost channels) – press the MENU Button, go to Installation, then User Installation – you’ll be prompted for a PIN which by default is 0000.

Press the Yellow Button (this will bring up the option to Power Scan)
    Using the “Normal” (default option) press the OK on your remote control
    This step will take about 10-25 minutes. Please be patient.

BY DEFAULT THE EUROVOX MAX SOFTWARE POWER SCANS ON SYMBOL RATE 6952 – THIS IS FOR TELEWEST.

IF YOU LIVE IN AN NTL OR EX C&W AREA – YOU MUST CHANGE THIS NUMBER USING THE REMOTE CONTROL FROM 6952 TO 6887

In most areas you will see a number of channels shown which have been found. These can be organised through the Favourites Manager – please see your user manual.

Channel Data Files – are a pre-programmed set of favourite channels that you can save from your Eurovox MAX when you’ve sorted the channels from your own box into the way they suit you. Once done you can share with people in your area to save them having to sort all the channels into order themselves.

If you do have to use the CDF (a channel data file which you or someone else has provided) File, simply re-attach the Eurovox MAX to your PC via the RS232 Null Modem) Lead.

Use the lower section on the DnUpman Program (entitled) Channel Data and browse for the file that you (or someone else) has created. E.g. CDFMyarea

Press DOWNLOAD and the file you want to write – that will set up all the channels into neat favourites for you.

Those pesky missing channels explained…

OK – you’ve had your box for a while and you start noticing that some of the channels you used to get are no longer there. No – don’t call the poor schmuck who you got your box from…. YOU need to learn how to get your channels back.

Either you get NO SIGNAL or just a blank screen.

Why does this happen?

The way the cable companies send the channels down the line is quite simple. They use different frequencies (measured in Megahertz or MHz) to store groups of channels.

So – although you didn’t know it – when you did the first power scan the box worked out which off all the frequencies in your area that had channels on them and then scanned through those frequencies to find the individual channels on each active frequency.

(e.g. Frequency 435 MHz might have BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC News 24 and CBBC etc on it).

So why don’t they work now?

Every so often the cable operators move channels from one frequency to another. So if they moved BBC1 from 435 MHz (in the example above) to (say) frequency 619 MHz – your box will still remember that BBC1 is on Frequency 435 MHz.

So how do I fix it?

You need to do two very simple things :

1. Re-scan your Eurovox MAX (so it will find where BBC1 is now)
    2. Delete the old BBC1 from your menu (as you’ll have two BBC1 channels – one which works and one which doesn’t)

Follow the simple Scanning Advice on Page 10.
    So I’ve re-scanned – how do I get my channels back?

This bit is simple – so learn it. If you’re going to steal cable TV you might as well do it properly…!

1. Press the Menu Button
    2. Go to the Channels Section
    3. Channel Manager (remember PIN is 0000)
    4. Bottom Left of screen you’ll see a SORT button. Press that then choose ‘by NAME’ – that will re-sort all the channels on your Eurovox MAX alphabetically
    5. Press Exit and go back into the Channel Manager (you’ll now have a list of channels from A-Z.
    6. This is where you should see your ‘double’ or duplicate channels. If (for example) you see two BBC 1 channels find out which one works and which one does not.
    7. Press the coloured button on the remote which equals the EDIT option on the bottom of the screen.
    8. Choose the DEL ONE option (You’ll be prompted with a ‘Do you want to delete this channel?) Press OK to delete the ‘dead’ channel. You’ll now have only ONE BBC1 – which works.

Simply repeat this process for any missing channels.

The MANUAL Scan…

This method is used as a quick fix for channels which sometimes moved ‘slightly’ within a known frequency.

Prem Plus is a good example. Lots of people say that it’s OK right up until the match starts but then can’t be viewed… of course it can!

Find Prem Plus on your Eurovox MAX. Press the INFO button on the remote TWICE – you’ll see an information bar at the bottom of the screen. Look at the top left of this bar and the Frequency will be shown (i.e. 495.000 Mhz).

So – if you want to ‘re-find’ the programs on Frequency 495.000 MHz – just do a Manual Scan.

1. Menu
    2. Installation
    3. Manual Scan (see coloured button bottom left)
    4. Scroll down until you get the frequency you want
    5. Press OK and a tick will appear on the frequency you’ve chosen
    6. Press OK again and it will pick up the channels which are on that frequency.

When to do a Manual or Powerscan?

Only do a manual scan for individual channels which you know the frequency for and want to get back (like Prem Plus/Setanta and some others which sometimes go ‘missing’)

Powerscan when you want to check for new channels or you need to get back a number of channels spread over lots of frequencies that you’re unsure of.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thats a long tut gman seen that one a long time back.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Depends on your provider by your nic I presume you are from Galway, if you are on N** do a powerscan using symbol rate 6887.

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

For sure sc0user, the old copy & paste was a great invention.

I suppose it's the same on every forum though, I mean, people that have been here for a while have an idea where stuff is but people who come here for the first time don't & when they have a situation they don't want to have to troll through page after page searching. I guess a bit of panic sets in?

You know yourself sc0user, when someone has a panic attack they need the answer yesterday!

A sticky at the start of the thread with all the "How To's" would be handy?

Anyway, how are you keeping sc0user? it's very quite on the other side at the minute, not that I'm complaining, it's nice to have a trouble free spell for a change.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep as you said stickies would be good but we would end up with a full page of them dont think the mods would allow that LOL :)Most of the guides for all the boxes we put into Eamos so most people go there.

Im fine and good to see you. Yep its quite of late but cant complain the fingers need a rest sometimes :)

8. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Speaking of the guides sc0user, are the basics for setting up & tuning both the 2007 & 2008 pretty much the same?

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Same for 06,07 and 08 models. Only difference on 08 is it now says update channels with the Kuro image instead of autoscan. They all scan at the same step interval of 8Mhz.

10. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Thanks for clearing that up for me sc0user.

l8r

-

11. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

On the N*L box it is possible whilst viewing a channel to press the OK button (which brings up a menu bar at the bottom of the screen) and then by pressing the right or left channel buttons view what was being broadcast on other channels without losing the initial channel that was being viewed. The advantage of this process being that you would not lose the initial channel and you could then, if you so desired choose another channel if you so fancied it.

I have tried the same thing on the EuroVox box and cannot find how to do it...anyone have any ideas.

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Depends what model you have and firmware. The MaxV with the latest Kuro update if you have your channels sorted into favs you can use the EPG to the same affect you are requesting.

13. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

I have 2007 model - not sure what the firmware is - but I shall check that. I hadn't sorted or classified the channels in to favourites etc...but I am sure when I do that will solve it. Thanks Scouser you have been very helpful. Cheers

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem the EPG on the 2007 is not as good as the MaxV with the latest update. Although sorting you channels into favs will improve your viewing.

15. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

Cheers I am sure that I shall have better funtionality when I use the 'Favourites' options, however where do I get an update for the Firmware?

16. frank9901

frank9901 Member

help!!!!
    have a redbox ( not a clone ) working for the past six months, now i got a signal " box has developed a fault, do not attempt to reprogram"
    is there anyrthing i can do or is it dead ?

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Needs to be jtaged that is all what area are you living in if in Ireland i might be able to sort it out for you

18. frank9901

frank9901 Member

yes i am in the ballymun area of dublin i will pm my email to you

19. gman496

gman496 Regular member

From the EKO link at the bottom of sc0users post above.

20. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

That's really great thanks gman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.