1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

Did the signal booster doesn't seem different!
    Sorry not sure I understand what u mean by cable split?

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

where it comes in from your provider you no the white cable that goes into the rf in on the box,you may need a signal booster as there may be a weak signal in your area,also if you can you could try the 28/04 firmware.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

U might be right as I kind of mess with it and it seems a bit better but not completely perfect!
    Do u know where can I get a signal booster?

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

5. Cmcmcmcm

Cmcmcmcm Member

6. karljd

karljd Regular member

no problem any time also you could try and cut back a bit on the coaxil as it may have frayed from all the messing about [​IMG]

7. ghick03

ghick03 Guest

Hows it going lads was woundering if you could help my eurovox has a few probs. The sound is gone and the colour is a kind of green/yellow on all channles even in the menus ive done a factory reset but its still the same. can anyone help.

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

have you checked your scart is in properly?

9. ghick03

ghick03 Guest

it wasnt the scart it was one of the settings in the tv setting menu ive been messing around with them and finally got it working full colour and sound dont no how but its working cheers

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

good man glad your sorted

11. wizkid9

wizkid9 Guest

Hi all, haven't been on in a while. I've been checkin in from time to time though.
    I managed to flash my EurovOx max a couple of months ago, and thanks to a lot of help from a lot of people on here everything has been going great, but can any of you tell me how to reset the time so that the time and programmes are in sync? It contantly seems to be an hour out. When I get the time right the programmes are and our out and when I get the programme times right, the time is an hour out! Please help, it's doin my head in. Thanks in advance,

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

I take it your in Ireland, this topic has ben discussed over and over and a simple search on the search facility would have sorted you out,however here you go, Try this courtesy of sc0ucer 1. Unplug EV then plug it back in.
    2. Turn on and immediately press menu.
    3. Go to config, then time settings.
    4. Set correct time using GMT setting.
    5. Turn GMT off.
    7. Press blue button to save and exit.

Note if you unplug EV again you will have to do above again, so leave in standby at night

13. wizkid9

wizkid9 Guest

Thanks Karl, I know I got the answer to this before but I just could'nt find it anywhere on the old posts.
    Yes I'm in Ireland and we recently had a power outage for a whole day and had to re-scan to get the channels back.
    Sorry for the repeats and thanks again!

14. karljd

karljd Regular member

no bother,best bet i find is to save these things hence one of sc0ucers old posts.[​IMG]

15. usirname

usirname Member

hi all, i'm in dublin on upz and while watching a film on ppv channel yesterday it just went and i can't seem to get it back. I've done everything i can think of, power scan, full scan, enabling emm capture. Nothing worked. Each time i try to watch the channel it first comes up please insert smart card followed by please wait, updating codes and keeps looping these two messages. Anyone be able to a clueless guy out?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  16. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

pay per view channel or movie channel? scouser has a cdf for dublin you could try using that to restore missing channels or else turn to the station your missing, check the frequency of the channel by pressing info twice and do a scan starting and stopping at that frequency.

17. usirname

usirname Member

Its PPV Channel, aka Sky box office. The channel is there, its just blank, so i don't think a channel dump would do much good to be honest.

Could it be that just nobody in the area is subscribed to it? Unlikely since it went off mid-movie, and that i'll live in a very biult up area but could this be the problem? I never had any problems with the chanel before

18. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

thats the way it goes with the PPV channel, it can be on for weeks showing first run movies or WWF events & then it goes off !..it's not a problem with the box it just stops transmitting & when it starts again the box will pick it up.

19. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

hence , exactly why i was asking was it a ppv channel or movie channel, well done lenny

20. usirname

usirname Member

guys i know it doesn't always broadcast but it shouldn't go off mid movie should it? I scanned the frequency and got it back. I am legend was just starting! Now again its just gone and says please insert smart card followed by updating code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.