1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karljd

karljd Regular member

could go off at any time,and insert smart card and updating code usually comes up when a channel is off air,so i would suggest you forget about it and enjoy all the other channels.

2. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

are you sure your talking about the pay per view channel and not one of thesky movies channels?when you press ok on the remote on the channel you have a fault with what does it say?as in what should be on right now or does it say channel off air like it should at this moment in time

3. karljd

karljd Regular member

that movie isn't on any of the sly channels axxxo,if usirname checks the epg or if its sorted into his favs it will say channel off air.

4. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

lol, thats what i had just checked myself and why i asked him !

5. karljd

karljd Regular member

sound, i'm going out shouldn't be watching telly and stuck on the pc with that big unusual yellow thing in the sky,have a good 1.

6. usirname

usirname Member

it definetly is ppv channel and not one of the sly channels. It says channel off air. Is sky box office broadcasting now coz i'm not getting it.

7. karljd

karljd Regular member

[​IMG] if it says it's off air then its off air there is no point in rescanning,or asking any more about it, it may come back or it may not as i said be happy with all the other channels you have.

8. phy

phy Member

hi all id be very grateful if someone can help me. i have updated lots of eurovox boxes but im having problems updating a max v. the level and quality bars stay on 8% and iv tried everything iv read on this forum like factory default/signal booster/autoscan/powerscan/direct cable etc and i tried the firmware 28.04. but still all i get is "no signal". is this a lost cause or is there anything else i can do?

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried it at another location, e.g friend or family's house?

10. phy

phy Member

no scouser but im just on my way out so il bring it with me and let you know if i have any joy. thanks

11. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I presume you are using the correct symbol rate when your auto scanning channels?

where abouts are you and what is the symbol rate you are using, also have you checked to see if their is any issues with the provider, try another box to see if your feed is ok,

I have to go out but I'm sure someone else will be able to help, If not Ill reply when I come back.

Edit, Lol sc0user glad your here g2g.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  12. phy

phy Member

hi scouser i tried the box at a friends house and still the same...hiteck im on nthell dublin symbol 6887 and no probs with my own eurovox.iv read about transferring data from one box to another do you think that would work?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I have seen one or two boxes like this and there is a way but it takes quite a bit of messing around. If it is under warranty send it back as the tuner is off.

14. phy

phy Member

it was working till recently as far as i know but i dont think its still under warranty though im not 100% sure.i dont know the owner its a friend of a friend of a friend

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK but without seeing the box its quite hard to go through it. Suffice to say flash it with the older Max V firmware dated 15/10/07, (only this one no other), then reflash with the 28/04/08 firmware and do a factory reset, rescan/update channels or load a CDF. Now after that you need to use a 9Db attenuator, this is what sorts out the tuner issue.

As you said you have done quite a few EVs, (so I presume you are scanning on the correct symbol rate), this is the easiest process I can give you. But I got a couple of boxes with your symptoms working this way.

There is a CDF in Eamos for N** also.

16. phy

phy Member

i think its getting a bit too complicated for me..i can put the firmware and channel data on but the rest sounds tricky. thanks for all your help but il admit defeat

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Never give up :) You can easily have a go at it, go on ;)

18. phy

phy Member

i dont think so..i had to google 9db attenuator cos i hadnt a clue what it was....and im no wiser now

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

20. phy

phy Member

il get one and try it-i really hate admitting defeat....il let you know how i get on and thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.