1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eurogeek

Eurogeek Guest

i have re-checked and i have a 2008 box and i have the latest firmware. However i am still unable to view the schedule on other channels while retaining on screen the current channel i am viewing? Can anyone help?

2. galway77

galway77 Member

Hey Scouser - thanks used that 6887 symbol rate but only got about 50 channels back - no regular channels like rte bbc etc also no movie channels. Any ideas? thanks so far

3. galway77

galway77 Member

Hey Scouser got all the channels back sorted!! thanks for help nice-one

4. auntiel

auntiel Member

Hi

I've had the eurovox a few months now and have had signal stregth problems all along. My problem was fixed when i replaced all the co-ax and all was good for about a month however im having the same problem again. So i replaced the co-ax again although this didnt help this time. We got N*L out and they said it was a bad line coming in that they'll have to fix...few months later they hadn't changed a thing it just got worse..so i bought a good quality booster by labsgear cost me 40euro and it made it far worse. Don't know what else to do..Im still on to N*L every week trying to get it sorted(We've absolutely no picture on bbc2 on normal tv).

Also on the booster input it has UHF or VHF which is the correct input for N*L dublin.

any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If it is a problem on the line the only people that can fix it is the cc company but as you are aware they are not great on getting arount to fixing these things that is why the company is in the state it is in and why nobody gives a s*** about what is happening about them either there service is a disgrace they dont answer the phones and when they do they give you a time for them to call not to suit you anytime between 9 and 5pm and you could wait in all day and they wont call so dont hold your breath that is all i would say

6. veewho

veewho Member

I'm looking for some help re my Eurovox Max 2006. I have had it over a year and suddenly it has just died - no power & no lights on. There is power in the circuit (got a shock to prove it).

I read a few threads so I bought a circuit to jtag it. I have connected it up & opened up the Jkeys on the cd provided and I keeping getting a error message

I've rechecked and still nothing. No idea what to do anybody any ideas????

7. barm

barm Regular member

Are you sure the power circuit board is not burnt out?
    Check to see if there is any scorching around resistors etc.
    I had one that burnt out. Also sometimes when flashing boxes it says 'Waiting on response from reciever' when you don't have power connected.
    And be careful you don't get another shock!!

8. veewho

veewho Member

All resistors look ok, don't see anything obvious. How would I know if the supply cicuit is burnt out? Can it be replaced/fixed or is it easier to buy a new box?

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I'm not familiar with the circuitry on the Eurovox but is there any glass fuse(s) on the board that could be blown?

10. veewho

veewho Member

No already had a look - nothing obvious is jumping out.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Doesn't sound like you have the correct jtag kit as the Eurovox jtag is a parallel connection whereas a jinterface is a serial one and I have not seen one of these for a EV.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Any chance that the shock you got was from power retained in the capacitors? Have you eliminated the fuse in the mains plug itself?

13. veewho

veewho Member

Nodefinitely power going in - I can hear it buzzing when disconnecting lead. I even tried and lead and still nothing.

14. veewho

veewho Member

Bought a Eurovox jtag from tailer made circuits - wasn't really sure what I was doing. I have tried various things and still no luck. Is there an idiots guide I can follow?

Do you think the box has had it's day?

15. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Deleted by Gman due to unintentional inaccuracies

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL wires crossing here Gman sorry for cutting across :) I think its the tsop is the problem and he may not have the correct method, the one above is for a Starview. EVs are slightly different as ones with an Intel chipset have a sector lock.

Although as you said earlier some caps may be faulty.Check if you are getting 3.3v first at the vcc connection if you are getting around 2.48 then it most likely is the 1000mf cap.

18. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Apologies sc0user I didn't realise that.

Cheers for putting me straight. The last thing a user with a problem needs is incorrect Info.

I have amended that particular post (",)

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks Gman but it is not totally inaccurate as you went down the most logical route ;)

20. gman496

gman496 Regular member

For sure sc0user, but I best not throw any confusion into the pot?

We've all been in nightmare land at the beginning (Well at least I was at the start) & it's best to keep everything letter perfect for people needing assistance.

You know how it can be? You get totally frustrated with the box (especially after you eventually convinced "She who must be obeyed") that it was a great investment to use this months electricity money to buy this magic box that was going to be the greatest thing since the sliced pan! Then you can't get it to work & the tension could be cut with a knife..... so you run to the PC & seek help, you wait patiently biting your nails for a reply, it might take 5 Mins to get one, but that can seem like a lifetime (especially when she's sitting behind you with the frying pan raised). You go back to the box & back to the PC & on & on it goes....

The last thing you need at that stage is any kind of incorrect Info ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.